Ireland & Food

Does anybody think producing food is an OK livelihood, or is it the case that this type of lifestyle goes against New Arland and its IT sectors?

What are your views on Ireland's food culture?? Do we really have one at all??

Does anybody think producing food is an OK livelihood, or is it the case that this type of lifestyle goes against New Arland and its IT sectors?

Well Jimmy its 4am and im wide awake im now hungry again and where my food comes from , right now i reall y don't care as long as its in my kitchen;);)

Have you any idea about anything except sport, fawk sake.

Well Jimmy its 4am and im wide awake im now hungry again and where my food comes from , right now i reall y don't care as long as its in my kitchen;);)
Thanks for your answer Audrey72, at a hunger-fuelled hour of the night:D

Personally i think we have a pretty fucked up relationship with food.
I think when you mention the word 'farmer', what springs to mind is some spud-gobbling mucker with no wife and a red face! (i'm not from a farming background btw) . Am i right in thinking this? I think that we have forgotten/don't realise that producing and selling food is something that is good for communities, would create many jobs, would stimulate local economies, would be good for Irish culture in general.

Where are the local bakers? Where are the local farmers outlets to sell their stuff? These are good things to have in local places, things to be proud of, but what we have instead is Centra or Mace or whatever in towns and villages and cities everywhere that takes all manner of food responsibility under their wings. These places are a shite indictment of our culture in my opinion. They are expensive, they sell non-local shit that you can get cheaper in Tescos anyway. They are expensive corporate dumps in essence.
In my opinion, the places that sell quality food, have a direct relationship with producing and selling, such as artisan companies are here alright, but their shit is just really expensive, and is really a middle class/upper class thing?

Come on people, this forum says that 'every langer has an opinion'. I don't give a flying fuck what anyone writes, ye are all just user names like. Tell me that you shop in Centra or Tescos or Dunnes or whatever cos you like their brands/cos they're the easiest way of gettin a munch... Tell me that you shop as you do because you're lookin for the best value for money.... Tell me that you can't bate a good breakfast roll in the morning.....Tell me that you like pasta as your favourite food....

Surely people have something to say about Ireland & Food?

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Cliffords
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

27th Apr 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Ben Portsmouth - This Is Elvis

Cork Opera House, Today @ 8pm

More events ▼