Ireland finally reaches population level same as pre famine

Which will be too late. Classic locking the gate after the horse has bolted.

Erra we have some amount of donkeys in Dail Eirinn

Theres a good article in this months Foreign Policy about how centrists in Danish politics have gazumped the far right with immigration policy as thats what their population want.

Blindly sleepwalking into the problems that have been created by inward migration in other European countries isn't just stupid and reckless its a total abdication of responsibility from our political class.

Easier to ignore whats coming down the track and pump money into unrepresentative NGOs.

This country has gone bonkers, or rather the permitted discourse in media has. Immigration caps/controls are completely normal, practised by most nations.

Last edited:
Diaspora my hole.
In terms of actual citizens abroad, it is estimated that there are approximately 1.47 million citizens resident outside the State.
If any yank has an Irish grandparent or parent they can apply at any time for a passport and come home.
Let's hope they stay put then, we have enough to be looking after.

If you have needed skills and prepared to work and integrate, I dont have an issue, but if all you're here for is to game the system, you should be fucked into the first available plane out of here. The crowd in the dail are too afraid to say it out straight, they'd rather take the instagram friendly PC line.

I've seen pics of the inside of a hotel they're planning to use for Ukrainians. Hotels been shut and derelict for a few years, the rooms are as green as Killarney. They're sticking in dehumidifiers, painting over the mold and hoping for the best more or less. I'd hate to be one of the poor bastards stuck in that.

Erra we have some amount of donkeys in Dail Eirinn

Theres a good article in this months Foreign Policy about how centrists in Danish politics have gazumped the far right with immigration policy as thats what their population want.

Blindly sleepwalking into the problems that have been created by inward migration in other European countries isn't just stupid and reckless its a total abdication of responsibility from our political class.

Easier to ignore whats coming down the track and pump money into unrepresentative NGOs.

This country has gone bonkers, or rather the permitted discourse in media has. Immigration caps/controls are completely normal, practised by most nations.

Who is funding all these? Or maybe some are defunct and INAR never bothered updating it?

A lot of the ones on this page only have a facebook with half a dozen members. Have we gone mental?

Nice piece on the Irish Famine by a big enough Youtube channel

Amazing to think that had the famine not occurred, and had Ireland's population grown at the same rate as the rest of Europe, the population would be close to 30 million now.

Last edited:
EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Damien Dempsey
Live At The Marquee, Showgrounds, Ballintemple

8th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Little Known & Mossy & Pebbledash

Cyprus Avenue, Today @ 7pm

More events ▼