Intermediate A football 2021

Iveleary will definitely rattle the PIFC next year I’d be thinking. Mitchelstown are one of the best teams in IFC and they pasted them like they did to all the teams this year. Rockchapel who are similar in level to Mitchelstown went up this year and did ok.

From looking at the premier intermediate game after it there was a big difference in the quality of football on show compared to the iveleary game so I wouldn't be backing them to win it but expect them to hold there own up there. Lower intermediate is no different from junior a in my opinion bar maybe the four teams that made the semi finals this year.

"Seeding for 2021 will be based on final positions after the group stages in 2020, with promotion and relegation taking precedence."
I would assume the same format will be in place for the 2022 draws.
If the relegated team becomes a top seed what’s happens now at premier intermediate level when all group winners are still at that level along with the relegated team

If the relegated team becomes a top seed what’s happens now at premier intermediate level when all group winners are still at that level along with the relegated team
Unsure, was thinking the same thing myself. But think that’s how the county board seeded the teams for this years draw.

Iveleary will definitely rattle the PIFC next year I’d be thinking. Mitchelstown are one of the best teams in IFC and they pasted them like they did to all the teams this year. Rockchapel who are similar in level to Mitchelstown went up this year and did ok.
That was far from a full strength Mitchelstown though, Keane back in Australia, cathal o Mahony is worth at least 5/6 points to them, and Walsh their midfielder only came on as a sub as well. I’m sure there were a few more missing also. Iveleary a very good side though and should do ok at the higher grade, provided Chris og and cathal Vaughan stay fit.

Afaik when it says "will be based on final positions after the group stages" that means 1-6 from the 3 groups (ie pts and scoring difference) So you will have the top 2 from the 6 (this year) along with relegated team

From looking at the premier intermediate game after it there was a big difference in the quality of football on show compared to the iveleary game so I wouldn't be backing them to win it but expect them to hold there own up there. Lower intermediate is no different from junior a in my opinion bar maybe the four teams that made the semi finals this year.
Would disagree with this view, most of the weak teams at this grade have been relegated in recent years.

Glanworth would walk north cork if they were junior A, likewise Glanmire/Glenville in imokilly, Adrigole in Beara, Ballydesmond/Millstreet/Dromtarriffe in Duhallow.

Gabriel Rangers and Balinora would be there or thereabouts in Carbery and Muskerry, and I assume
Barrs 2nd team would be every bit as competitive as Douglas’ second side in the city.

That leaves Kildorrery and they look set for relegation next year.

Kinsale relegated this year and should still reach a carrigdoun semi final at least next year.

Bit mad to think that Macroom and Baile Mhuirne are now arguably 4th and 5th in West Muskerry after CNM, Beal Atha and now Iveleary.

Saying that, will be a much bigger test next year, and the longer break will check the momentum they had for this year.

It would be better for everyone if we move to calling Senior A - Premier Intermediate, and make this grade a premier junior. It's a much better reflection of the standards we're looking at. That the junior champions have had an easier run at this grade than they've had Muskerry Junior A in previous years tells you everything.

Bit mad to think that Macroom and Baile Mhuirne are now arguably 4th and 5th in West Muskerry after CNM, Beal Atha and now Iveleary.

Saying that, will be a much bigger test next year, and the longer break will check the momentum they had for this year.

It would be better for everyone if we move to calling Senior A - Premier Intermediate, and make this grade a premier junior. It's a much better reflection of the standards we're looking at. That the junior champions have had an easier run at this grade than they've had Muskerry Junior A in previous years tells you everything.
I think that’s a very fair reflection of this grade.

And I also think Boherbue will only fall into the middle of the pack next year at this level.

It will be a very competitive grade next year a lot of the weaker and stronger teams are gone and will have a lot of tight games.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
John Smith
The White Horse, Ballincollig

12th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Fist Of Pure Emotion - Spring Fling!

Cyprus Avenue, Today @ 7pm

More events ▼