Incident in churchfield

Was there a reason they went for this house ? I mean who decides to head to churchfield on a Sunday night to break into houses, any how if it was a random burgalary I'm delighted for them.

So this chap was in Bruree. So it was a court order that he goes to bruree or goes to jail, im wide oped to correction on this lads but id say only one in 100 inmates are there voluntarily. Its basically an open prison with group therapy, you work for your keep.
Anyhoo, this hasnt worked out so to avoid jail he worms his way into the sisters in blarney. While there he must be back in the retreat by 10pm, no excuses, even if you are attending meetings that finish at 9.30pm, you must be back by ten.
He decides to go robbing to get money to get more prescription drugs to continue on his path of self destruction.

It didnt work out, lol.

Be interesting to see what the judge says and does in this case. I mean, what the fuck do you do with him?

So this chap was in Bruree. So it was a court order that he goes to bruree or goes to jail, im wide oped to correction on this lads but id say only one in 100 inmates are there voluntarily. Its basically an open prison with group therapy, you work for your keep.
Anyhoo, this hasnt worked out so to avoid jail he worms his way into the sisters in blarney. While there he must be back in the retreat by 10pm, no excuses, even if you are attending meetings that finish at 9.30pm, you must be back by ten.
He decides to go robbing to get money to get more prescription drugs to continue on his path of self destruction.

It didnt work out, lol.

Be interesting to see what the judge says and does in this case. I mean, what the fuck do you do with him?

Addiction is very sad for everyone

Addiction is very sad for everyone

It is.

But here is the deal, he was forced into rehab by a court. Forced like. How in the name of fuck does anyone expect someone to not only comply but force them into a scenario they do not want to be in.

I wasnt forced. Id had enough, I wanted my mind back, I wanted to be in control of myself. I marched down patricks hill and waltzed straight into an AA meeting and just sat there. Ok I was a nervous wreck and the smell of drink off me was pretty bad but I wanted to be there. I wanted to change. When I was offered proper treatment at Arbour house I jumped into it head first.

You see where im going with this right?

So no, dont force anyone to do any rehab that they will only try to complete to tick all the boxes for the legal system. I can spot these types from a mile away now and I make no excuses when I tell them what I see. If you want to walk the walk, sit the fuck down, take that cotton wool out of your ears and stick it in your mouth and shut the fuck up and listen, you never know, you might just learn something about your sad and miserable exsistence.

The group hugs and the well dones are at least a years sobriety away.

I really hope this lad can sort himself out and get into a proper frame of mind. But only he can be the decider of that, only he is the master of his destiny. Only he can want it.

I wish him well.

Man what a year for community minded individuals, the sex offenders battered up north, the would be robber of a Dublin pub who got turned around while trying to hold it up for the takings his face was a mess.

Then Churchfieldgate, and then onto Glanmire.

Incredible.

The Dublin pub robbery aftermath
H1.irapub3.jpg

It is.

But here is the deal, he was forced into rehab by a court. Forced like. How in the name of fuck does anyone expect someone to not only comply but force them into a scenario they do not want to be in.

I wasnt forced. Id had enough, I wanted my mind back, I wanted to be in control of myself. I marched down patricks hill and waltzed straight into an AA meeting and just sat there. Ok I was a nervous wreck and the smell of drink off me was pretty bad but I wanted to be there. I wanted to change. When I was offered proper treatment at Arbour house I jumped into it head first.

You see where im going with this right?

So no, dont force anyone to do any rehab that they will only try to complete to tick all the boxes for the legal system. I can spot these types from a mile away now and I make no excuses when I tell them what I see. If you want to walk the walk, sit the fuck down, take that cotton wool out of your ears and stick it in your mouth and shut the fuck up and listen, you never know, you might just learn something about your sad and miserable exsistence.

The group hugs and the well dones are at least a years sobriety away.

I really hope this lad can sort himself out and get into a proper frame of mind. But only he can be the decider of that, only he is the master of his destiny. Only he can want it.

I wish him well.

Agree totally.you can only help a person if they want help so starts with them.Addiction is destroying families and communities

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Polly Barrett
The Richmond Revival, College Road, Fermoy, Co. Cork, P61 T292

8th Jun 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Eamonn McCormak Band

Crane Lane Theatre, Tomorrow @ 11:50pm

More events ▼