Immigration Thread

Christ almighty 🤦‍♂️

It's fAr RiGhT to post stuff like that! Doncha know all asylum seekers are cuddly folk fleeing for their lives who just happened to end up in little oul Ireland.....

Pat asking the hard questions.

O'Brien is a bluffer:
"People make claims, they're assessed if they don't get it granted. By and large, people actually leave the country"

20230526_081743.png

I think its pretty safe to say he won't retain his seat in the next election.

The Greens ran on a platform of dismantling direct provision. The likes of O'Brien peddling this nonsense has led to protests all over the country and immigrants sleeping rough on the streets.

Its beyond a joke that anyone without travel documents is being let into the country.

O'Brien is a bluffer:
"People make claims, they're assessed if they don't get it granted. By and large, people actually leave the country"

View attachment 21384

The Greens ran on a platform of dismantling direct provision. The likes of O'Brien peddling this nonsense has led to protests all over the country and immigrants sleeping rough on the streets.

Its beyond a joke that anyone without travel documents is being let into the country.
He's well meaning but out of touch with reality.

People coming here from Albania and Georgia are not in need of international protection and we are under no obligation to allow them to remain here afaik.

He's well meaning but out of touch with reality.

People coming here from Albania and Georgia are not in need of international protection and we are under no obligation to allow them to remain here afaik.

As the saying goes the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

If you can circumvent the visa requirements then of course this is the route economic migrants are going to take.

The government need to face up to their responsibilities and start enforcing a proper immigration policy. They love to harp on about the far right but it is their own policy or lack thereof that will contribute to the rise of anti immigrant sentiment.

I'd be pro immigration in general. I don't buy into the bogeyman scare tactics some of these anti immigration social media grifters spin.

However, everything has limits. I believe we as a country have done our bit. Our systems and infrastructure is creaking under pressure, not because of immigration but years of mismanagement.

The results though mean we need to really examine what we can and can't do numbers wise for immigration. I think we've reached a limit. I didn't before, but I probably do now.

I'll certainly never demonise anyone for wanting a better life. If they are here...welcome and I wish them the best. I certainly think taking in Ukrainians was the right call but even that has reached a limit where we struggling badly to find suitable accommodation now.

Of course, if you look at the unemployment rates and vacancies in certain industries it looks like we need more people but we can't house them privately or socially.

This is not a criticism of immigrants but of a succession of poor governments and housing policy.

O'Brien is a bluffer:

View attachment 21384

O'Brien is a bluffer:

View attachment 21384

We need to get rid of this self-deportation. All of it must be enforced

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Ger Wolfe
The Richmond Revival, College Road, Fermoy, Co. Cork, P61 T292

13th Apr 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Brian Kenny: Tempus Futurum

Triskel Arts Centre, Tomorrow @ 6pm

More events ▼