Im bordering on being impressed

Of late I have been coming to the view that the FG Government are doing a lot of things right. Generally i dislike politicians but they have instituted a lot of changes that I have noticed and it seems to be coming from the inside out, im sure many wont agree with me and im not saying that they are doing a good job, but it looks like they are working a lot harder than the previous shites to sort out the problems that exists and a lot of it is through departments such as the Revenue, Social Welfare etc. the pressure on these departments must be coming from the top down.

For example,
Thousands of people have had their TRS removed, because they have it on properties that are not theis Principal private residences,

Recipients of Childrens allowance have to prove their current residency in Ireland as many possibly living abroad are getting it paid into their accounts.

People claiming many things like stamps together with mortgage supplement are being discovered and made to repay. As are dole cheats.

The bankers were forced to adhere to pay limits

They have uncovered and made public errors in the Department of Finance (3.6B) and gotten different government departments working as noticed with the taxation error on pensions, many of whom are prople that have 2 pensions from working in high paid private and public sector and can well afford a tax hike.

Teachers are being cut pay, and they were grossly overpaid, some teachers were and still are earning 70k to teach 1-30 kids for 20 hours a week 32 weeks of the year.

Enda kenny has addressed the nation, it didnt really tell us much, but at least he did it, they could easily blame all the shit on the last shower but it seems to me that they have taken on the problems.

Long may it continue, and im sure there is loads more to do..

Generally speaking I would be almost as anti FG as FF.
Two sides of the same shitty coin for me but I would have to agree with the above.
They've done all right so far to be fair.
Our fella Coveney got a good deal for the fishing industry.
The referendum on the Talking Shop {ahem I mean Senate} IS going to happen which backs up another pre election promise.
They made a mistake on disability allowance. Admitted it was a mistake and put their hands up. Again unlike the crowd before who would've done the same thing in rowing back from a decision but instead of admitting it would've come up with some sleeveen excuse to say it was part of a ongoing review process or some such bollocks
And this shouldn't matter but at least Kenny looks like a Statesman.
As opposed to the drunken slob we were sending around Europe before him.
All in as you say above they're bordering on the impressive.

I would agree too. I don't like what they are doing but i do not see much alternative now . Course people will say we should not have headed down this road but we have . Exports are up.
The only thing I fear for this year is a euro crash or hyperinflation .
The government has done as much as it really can but much of what happens this year will be at an EU level. Ie saving the euro.

I have to say I think Enda is statesman like but I think Simon Coveney would be a great Taoiseach he is doing wonders for agriculture and fishing and I think he is younger too.

All in all I think FG and labour are doing ok. And I speak as someone who is on welfare and I have been cut . But it was going to happen and yes money is tight but I am now the most savy shopper ever . I have reduced my bills and outgoings and even have money to save for last Christmas. While its all gone now . I will try save again .

Would like to see them have an overall majority. Whilst tied to Labour, they are hamstrung in any efforts to roll back the spending excesses of benchmarking Bertie.
Reilly in health disappointing. After all his talk in opposition, he is finding the obstruction tactics of the unions just as soul-destroying as Harney and not sure if he has the heart to battle with them.

more on coveney: this government is doing its best to reverse the damage done to agriculture in they greed years. they seem to realise that ireland is not a country where the majority of the population 'deserves' two cars and three foreign holidays a year.

once they get hotel and restaurant prices down, and hence tourism levels up again, we'll be back to where we were before bertie ahern fucked the nation in exchange for his personal vanity.

fuck bertie ahern. fuck fuck fuck. that cunt and his six-figure pension make me so fucking angry. why isn't that cunt in jail?

thousands of people have lost their jobs, thousands of people have had to emigrate, because of that cunt and his makey-uppy economy, based entirely on money that simply doesn't exist.

and people give out about the current government? for fuck's sake.

FG are a bunch of sleeveen hat-tippers.
A mirror image of the previous government.
They do as they're told by the troika.
It's the New Order.
Without Hooky natch.

Yeah the Germans are going to enslave the world.

Fer Jesus sake, life isnt a commando comic chief.

Im with ExileY, Ahern sold this country down the river.
What riles me is the senior civil servants in the department of finance who ignored the warnings about the construction collapse and tailored policy to fit a corrupt and incompetent govt are going to walk away with a massive golden handshake to match their six figure salary.

Not to come over all ALan Partridge but this country....

Of late I have been coming to the view that the FG Government are doing a lot of things right. Generally i dislike politicians but they have instituted a lot of changes that I have noticed and it seems to be coming from the inside out, im sure many wont agree with me and im not saying that they are doing a good job, but it looks like they are working a lot harder than the previous shites to sort out the problems that exists and a lot of it is through departments such as the Revenue, Social Welfare etc. the pressure on these departments must be coming from the top down.

For example,
Thousands of people have had their TRS removed, because they have it on properties that are not theis Principal private residences,

Recipients of Childrens allowance have to prove their current residency in Ireland as many possibly living abroad are getting it paid into their accounts.

People claiming many things like stamps together with mortgage supplement are being discovered and made to repay. As are dole cheats.

The bankers were forced to adhere to pay limits

They have uncovered and made public errors in the Department of Finance (3.6B) and gotten different government departments working as noticed with the taxation error on pensions, many of whom are prople that have 2 pensions from working in high paid private and public sector and can well afford a tax hike.

Teachers are being cut pay, and they were grossly overpaid, some teachers were and still are earning 70k to teach 1-30 kids for 20 hours a week 32 weeks of the year.

Enda kenny has addressed the nation, it didnt really tell us much, but at least he did it, they could easily blame all the shit on the last shower but it seems to me that they have taken on the problems.

Long may it continue, and im sure there is loads more to do..

Generally speaking I would be almost as anti FG as FF.
Two sides of the same shitty coin for me but I would have to agree with the above.
They've done all right so far to be fair.
Our fella Coveney got a good deal for the fishing industry.
The referendum on the Talking Shop {ahem I mean Senate} IS going to happen which backs up another pre election promise.
They made a mistake on disability allowance. Admitted it was a mistake and put their hands up. Again unlike the crowd before who would've done the same thing in rowing back from a decision but instead of admitting it would've come up with some sleeveen excuse to say it was part of a ongoing review process or some such bollocks
And this shouldn't matter but at least Kenny looks like a Statesman.
As opposed to the drunken slob we were sending around Europe before him.
All in as you say above they're bordering on the impressive.

I would agree too. I don't like what they are doing but i do not see much alternative now . Course people will say we should not have headed down this road but we have . Exports are up.
The only thing I fear for this year is a euro crash or hyperinflation .
The government has done as much as it really can but much of what happens this year will be at an EU level. Ie saving the euro.

I have to say I think Enda is statesman like but I think Simon Coveney would be a great Taoiseach he is doing wonders for agriculture and fishing and I think he is younger too.

All in all I think FG and labour are doing ok. And I speak as someone who is on welfare and I have been cut . But it was going to happen and yes money is tight but I am now the most savy shopper ever . I have reduced my bills and outgoings and even have money to save for last Christmas. While its all gone now . I will try save again .

I think it shows how much of a low expectation we have of those we elect to govern our country.

There's no doubt FF fucked us over but FG and Labour are doing nothing new really. They're only implementing what FF started.

Have ye not seen how they are hiring their buddies and those who were generous in their donations? And paying some of them huge salaries. Some even exceeding the policy on wage caps.

Simply put: Same circus, different clowns.

more on coveney: this government is doing its best to reverse the damage done to agriculture in they greed years. they seem to realise that ireland is not a country where the majority of the population 'deserves' two cars and three foreign holidays a year.

once they get hotel and restaurant prices down, and hence tourism levels up again, we'll be back to where we were before bertie ahern fucked the nation in exchange for his personal vanity.

fuck bertie ahern. fuck fuck fuck. that cunt and his six-figure pension make me so fucking angry. why isn't that cunt in jail?

thousands of people have lost their jobs, thousands of people have had to emigrate, because of that cunt and his makey-uppy economy, based entirely on money that simply doesn't exist.

and people give out about the current government? for fuck's sake.
I agree with everything you've said here, said it for years about Bertie but while things were good, those who rocked the boat were shouted down (even by some on this thread now turning face).

What confuses me though, and why I'm posting, is you hate Bertie for doing the very thing Labour did this side of the pond for years. Why the hypocrisy?

I agree with everything you've said here, said it for years about Bertie but while things were good, those who rocked the boat were shouted down (even by some on this thread now turning face).

What confuses me though, and why I'm posting, is you hate Bertie for doing the very thing Labour did this side of the pond for years. Why the hypocrisy?

jesus, liam, change the record. there's no way new labour's reign and ff's were the same.

is this about the deficit new labour left? britain is a far more mature, broader-based and therefore more stable, economy. it can handle a far bigger deficit, relatively speaking, than all-eggs-in-one-basket greed ireland.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Award Winning Steve Hughes (Australia)
City Limits, Coburg St.

15th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Afro House and Amapiano

Old Oak, Tomorrow @ 10pm

More events ▼