If you could have studied anything in college

Engineering.

I have a science and an engineering degree.

If you are considering any engineering degree then go for mechanical engineering as its the most wide ranging of the lot of them.

Once the smallies have grown up a bit then i might go back and do a mechanical engineering degree.

I'd live to do a PhD in the area I'm currently working in. I have an research topic and the everything. No university in Ireland has the right research programs so funding would be a bitch, probably Aberdeen is the nearest.

But I've spent enough of my life broke going to College. Maybe in another 10 years or so.

If you are considering any engineering degree then go for mechanical engineering as its the most wide ranging of the lot of them.

Once the smallies have grown up a bit then i might go back and do a mechanical engineering degree.

canstock14317079.jpg

Would you have chosen the same course or done something completely different?

Maths, back in the day, but I don't think my brain could cope with it now. I'm hoping once my daughter goes to college I can actually sit down and think that I should do next.

That's fairly poor advice, in fairny.

Massive oversupply of Mechanical engineers at the moment in Ireland. Whereas other fields, like electrical, have massive shortages. I'd still be in contact with some of my old lecturer's and every single student in forth year of my primary degree has a job already.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Lyra
Live At The Marquee

16th Jun 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..
More events ▼