I Never Knew Ireland Was So Corrupt.

You have a Police Force that would rival any Third World Police Force in corruption.
You Prime Minister is a Serial Liar but still is in power.
Your infrastructure is totally fucked.
I think it's time to go home.

You have a Police Force that would rival any Third World Police Force in corruption.
You Prime Minister is a Serial Liar but still is in power.
Your infrastructure is totally fucked.
I think it's time to go home.

To be fair I don't think our police are universally corrupt. I do however think that there's an attitude in management that you dare not question anything they do. And any member of the ranks beneath them that do will be dealt with by all manner of skulduggery. And the higher up you go in the force the more likely you are to find people who think they are completely above the law themselves and act accordingly.

The Taoiseach did change his story 3 times in half an hour. Made up details of a meeting that didn't happen and denied a meeting that did happen! He's what Irish people might refer to as "A gawd help us case" or "A Pity!" and it does reflect badly on our oireachtas that he is still in place

We've some good and some not so good infrastructure. Long overdue our politicians went to Europe and got the money sorted

Despite our problems, Ireland is one of the least corrupt countries in the world

We placed alongside Japan and Hong Kong in Transparency International’s corruption index.

Jan 27th 2016, 9:08 AM14,491

A NEW REPORT has found Ireland to be among the top 20 least corrupt countries on the planet.

While we’ve slipped from joint 17th position to joint 18th, this still puts us ahead of a host of other European nations, like France, Portugal and Spain.

This comes despite the recent revelations in an RTÉ documentary when it was shown that politicians at all levels had incorrectly declared their interests, and some councillors had sought cash payments in return for their services.

The Corruption Perception Index 2015 (CPI 2015), released each year by Transparency International, is seen as the definitive guide to how cleanly each country’s political system is perceived to operate.

Despite our problems, Ireland is one of the least corrupt countries in the world

We placed alongside Japan and Hong Kong in Transparency International’s corruption index.

Jan 27th 2016, 9:08 AM14,491

A NEW REPORT has found Ireland to be among the top 20 least corrupt countries on the planet.

While we’ve slipped from joint 17th position to joint 18th, this still puts us ahead of a host of other European nations, like France, Portugal and Spain.

This comes despite the recent revelations in an RTÉ documentary when it was shown that politicians at all levels had incorrectly declared their interests, and some councillors had sought cash payments in return for their services.

The Corruption Perception Index 2015 (CPI 2015), released each year by Transparency International, is seen as the definitive guide to how cleanly each country’s political system is perceived to operate.

Maybe someone from our side gave a few bob to the fella who compiled the corruption report?

There are countries that would give Ireland a run for it's money in the corruption stakes..

Try most Middle Eastern sandpits and pretty much all of Africa/Latin America. All those places where either (a) you can't vote or (b) voting system is rigged.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Bernard Casey (Local Gossip) and Guests
City Limits, Coburg St.

22nd Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..
More events ▼