I go to Sligo!

Matlock

Not sure if anyone even checks this forum anymore but anyway, we are heading to Sligo for a weekend shortly.

What's worth doing in that part of the world?

Will have 2 four olds with us, so no long hikes and precious little culture will be possible!

We will head to Glencar waterfall and to Rosses point.

Is Queen Maeve's tomb worth a look?

What about Lissadel?

Not sure if anyone even checks this forum anymore but anyway, we are heading to Sligo for a weekend shortly.

What's worth doing in that part of the world?

Will have 2 four olds with us, so no long hikes and precious little culture will be possible!

We will head to Glencar waterfall and to Rosses point.

Is Queen Maeve's tomb worth a look?

What about Lissadel?

The only part I can help with is that the food is fantastic in the Golf Club. If you haven't accommodation sorted, Sligo Park Hotel is very nice. I also stayed in Castle Dargan Resort, bit meh to be honest. The wifi there particularly irked me.

The only part I can help with is that the food is fantastic in the Golf Club. If you haven't accommodation sorted, Sligo Park Hotel is very nice. I also stayed in Castle Dargan Resort, bit meh to be honest. The wifi there particularly irked me.

Cool thanks.

We are staying in one of the landmark trust houses, I find self catering is generally easier with smallies.

Might as well answer this myself for the benefit of future travelers!

Sligo is really beautiful, scenery was more spectacular than I expected.

We went to Carrick on Shannon on Saturday as I was visiting a friend there. Nice town to amble around. Good cycling paths by the shannon for kids. We went to Glencar waterfall afterwards, which is well worth a look, and to Parkes castle, which is pretty dull.

Yesterday we went to Dromcliffe to visit Mr Yeats and then to Mullaghmore beach. We got a beautiful day for it but christ what a setting! Ben bulbin looming in the background and other hills on either side.

Climbed Knocknarea this morning to see Queen Medb's tomb. Would highly recommend that as well. Amazing views from the top.

Stopped in Coole park in Gort on the way up and way down. Lots of space for smallies to run around and a decent coffee shop there too.

Last edited:
Might as well answer this myself for the benefit of future travelers!

Sligo is really beautiful, scenery was more spectacular than I expected.

We went to Carrick on Shannon on Saturday as I was visiting a friend there. Nice town to amble around. Good cycling paths by the shannon for kids. We went to Glencar waterfall afterwards, which is well worth a look, and to Parkes castle, which is pretty dull.

Yesterday we went to Dromcliffe to visit Mr Yeats and then to Mullaghmore beach. We got a beautiful day for it but christ what a setting! Ben bulbin looming in the background and other hills on either side.

Climbed Knocknarea this morning to see Queen Medb's tomb. Would highly recommend that as well. Amazing views from the top.

Stopped in Coole park in Gort on the way up and way down. Lots of space for smallies to run around and a decent coffee shop there too.

Stayed in Sligo seven years ago and completely agree with you. Ben Bulben is spectacular, even just to drive past.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Chris Kent and Gearóid Farrelly
The White Horse, Ballincollig

17th Apr 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Stand-up Comedy Club: Low-key Funny

The Roundy, Tomorrow @ 8:30pm

More events ▼