how good are dem guitar pod thingies?

I'm all about minimising my setup into one bag so I can go anywhere and play without too many problems... because I play live guitar in my set, I've been using an amp and micing it up into my computer, applying real time FX etc., because plugging a guitar directly into an audio interface sounds like complete and utter cack...

what i'm wondering is, for live stuff, not recorded stuff, are those guitar pods a decent replacement for an amp acting as a kind of preamp before going into my audio interface?... obviously the quality won't be quite as good, but for live stuff it might be acceptable?... because if it is, i think i'll be buying one...

madtheory, i'm looking in your direction in particular...

i use mine all the time in the studio sits very well in the mix as for live its very easy to change thing as you go or just have loads of presets readypm me if you want more info..

well i'd have a gander at Guitar Rig (VST)
Guitar-Rig-1-lg.jpg

Rig-Kontrol-lg.jpg

it also includes a "Cabinets and Mics" module to take care of the aspect of speaker and microphone choice and placement.
i use it quite a bit and the sounds that it produces are very realistic, be a good choice for live work.

paddy, already have guitar rig... doesn't cover up the fact that a line directly into my audio interface sounds like shit...

greg said:
i use mine all the time in the studio sits very well in the mix as for live its very easy to change thing as you go or just have loads of presets readypm me if you want more info..

cheers greg

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Complete Stone Roses
The Oliver Plunkett, Oliver Plunkett St.

1st Aug 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Stand-up Comedy Club: Best Of Irish Comedy

The Roundy, Tomorrow @ 8:30pm

More events ▼