How did the stock market crash of '29 affect you?

I lost a fair number of my holdings, was left by my second wife Betty, fell out with my elder brother, and was on medication for some time. These days I hold my head high. I am the man.

Ciotóg said:
I lost a fair number of my holdings, was left by my second wife Betty, fell out with my elder brother, and was on medication for some time. These days I hold my head high. I am the man.
lost my no claims bonus. bastards

Ciotóg said:

I was short on most of my stocks and long on the bonds so the crash set the foundation for my empire.

I had sold up a few days beforehand, so was one of the few men in America to do well by the crash. My prestige got me appointed Ambassador to Germany at a critical point in that nation's history. I later used my Mafia connections to get my womanising, war hero son elected President.

The summer of 1929 was not too bad. It hearkened somewhat of the good old days of optimism. And even though there still was an air of nervousness, the market appeared to be stable. It was on September 3, right after the holiday, both myself and Betty got married.

Ciotóg said:
I lost a fair number of my holdings, was left by my second wife Betty, fell out with my elder brother, and was on medication for some time.These days I hold i'm high. I am the man.

Indeed you are.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Daniel Lukas: The Only Funny German
The Roundy, Castle St.

17th Oct 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..

Lyra

Cyprus Avenue, Tomorrow @ 7pm

More events ▼