"House Of The Dragon" prequel to Game of Thrones

Hank Scorpio

Grand, like. The initial characters are not as gripping as the Starks, Lannisters etc

We saw a Stark, a Barratheon and a Hightower.

It's the story of the Targaeryans.

It was a lot better than I expected tbh.
Paddy Considine was good as was Rhys Ifans(sp?). Matt Smith is a very hammy actor. Same in The Crown.

Solid start, will have to see if they can keep it motoring

jeepers

We saw a Stark, a Barratheon and a Hightower.

It's the story of the Targaeryans.

It was a lot better than I expected tbh.
Paddy Considine was good as was Rhys Ifans(sp?). Matt Smith is a very hammy actor. Same in The Crown.

Solid start, will have to see if they can keep it motoring
I meant that the characters are not as interesting as, say, Cersei, Jaime and Ned. I wasn't looking for a Burke's Peerage of the place.

Hank Scorpio

I meant that the characters are not as interesting as, say, Cersei, Jaime and Ned. I wasn't looking for a Burke's Peerage of the place.

Meh, episode one of Game of Thrones didn't rip up trees either.

Its all about introducing characters and setting the scene. You cant just plow into action as you have nothing invested in the characters.

Bum move from the Queen saying she wasn't going to have any more kids. The king might have thought twice otherwise.

Meh, episode one of Game of Thrones didn't rip up trees either.

Its all about introducing characters and setting the scene. You cant just plow into action as you have nothing invested in the characters.

Bum move from the Queen saying she wasn't going to have any more kids. The king might have thought twice otherwise.

And by fuck was she right....

Jeepers Creepers.
Give it a chance would ya m8
Only one sode in. You probably wanted the night king to fly into king's landing on a zombie dragon did ya?

jeepers

Jeepers Creepers.
Give it a chance would ya m8
Only one sode in. You probably wanted the night king to fly into king's landing on a zombie dragon did ya?
That would be a bit much. I'm not excoriating it, I'm just saying that the characters are not as compelling. I've listened to the book on audible and while they have plotline galore to work with, they don't have dialogue or character development. Two of the main people who featured have extremely interesting careers ahead of them!

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Velvetones
The Welcome Inn, Parnell Place

4th Dec 2022 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Xero - Thursday Nights

Cyprus Avenue, Tomorrow @ 11pm

View more events ▼