Holidays.

Lisbon for 5 nights in October. Flights were a bit saucy, but got a decent apartment around Barrio Alto for a good price.

Looking forward to getting off this rock for a bit tbphwy.

I was talking about this a couple of weeks ago: you can get a flight from Cork to Faro, and then get a train to Lisbon from as little as €10.43, but on average €27.56.

Many people prefer to do the overland connection in Portugal rather than here, and avoiding Dublin "Airport." The journey is about 3 hours and 17 minutes.

Cheapest flight from Cork to Faro is €38.99 one way.

I’m halfway through a 6 week stint in Singapore. A work gig, but the company flew the family over with me and covered expenses for us all (very kind of them to be fair!). A nice mix of work on site and back to hotel in early afternoon to work from room or poolside. Tough life 😂
It’s my 3rd trip out here this year and it’s absolute class, love it, and can easily see why people come here long term.

I’m halfway through a 6 week stint in Singapore. A work gig, but the company flew the family over with me and covered expenses for us all (very kind of them to be fair!). A nice mix of work on site and back to hotel in early afternoon to work from room or poolside. Tough life 😂
It’s my 3rd trip out here this year and it’s absolute class, love it, and can easily see why people come here long term.
What's the food like? Nice being by the pool though to cool off

Will tell you when i get back as there is a place there called the Silent Valley and thats the reason im heading up there

The Mournes are brilliant. Sliabh Donard, highest peak in Ulster (9) is a good climb but great underfoot - their version of the OPW have flagstones a lot of the way. When you get up top you'll be amazed to see 40 odd miles of serious walls. And it's a climb from sea-level at the Car Park in Newcastle. There's a lovely walk out the valley on the far side of Sliabh Donard, and of course there's 6 other good peaks if your of a mountaineering mind. They run a 7 peak challenge there every year and I think it usually takes 11-14 hours.

South Down in general is a lovely place but, like West Cork I suppose, somewhat different to other parts of the county.

Newry is a bit meh imho. OK but nothing spectacular, canal or not.

Some great spots to see. Newcastle is nice but a bit expensive. Plenty to see and do around the place. Decent outlet centre in Bannbridge. Downpatrick certainly worth a visit for the history. And if you're of a mind and ever heard of one of Corks Aldermen name of Tadgh Barry who wrote the first codified rules of hurling I think, you might want to have a look at Ballykinlar. Or the Castlewellan Country Park is well worth a visit too.

Enjoy

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Danny Ryan, and Guests
City Limits, Coburg St.

20th Apr 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..
More events ▼