Harty Cup 2022/23

JimmyBarrySmurph

I associate 'walking through' as possession styled hurling but I see now that Highway man referred to it in a different light of which you agreed. My apologies!

It's ironic though you disagreed with my criticism of the county board in an earlier post but you agree on the John Cleary appointment.

JimmyBarrySmurph

I associate 'walking through' as possession styled hurling but I see now that Highway man referred to it in a different light of which you agreed. My apologies!

It's ironic though you disagreed with my criticism of the county board in an earlier post but you agree on the John Cleary appointment.
You are twisting reality Corkonian and have a very strange view of what is written on this forum.
Surely you are aware & understand that there is the old CCC regime and a very different new executive. Are you a teenager or as an adult do you live under a rock?

The Cleary non- appointment you refer to was 10 years ago exactly under that old CCC regime. In my comments here I’ve been very critical of the old CCC. The pain of their legacy will be felt in every club in Cork GAA for decades on and off the field. The worst is yet to come on that.

I’ve been complementary of what the new executive & county secretary have done over the last few years. John Clearys excellent appointment is under the new Exec. You are aware of that I hope?

It does seem that the comment made earlier by another contributor about you is again valid!

“He has a tendency to attribute statements to people that they never said to further his own narrative. He's a strange cookie.”

JimmyBarrySmurph

The other 'contributor' you refer has been posting under different identities as I stated and you either don't know or prefer to ignore. He has been addressed by other posters for passing insults on here many a time. I have taken his insults with a pinch of salt. If you wish to defend him and quote him that's your business but I will also only take it similarly and I certainly won't be losing any sleep.

You are again either forgetting or ignoring that John Cleary's appointment as manager came about by accident rather than design. Keith Ricken had appointed Cleary as his right hand man and coach/selector and Ricken had to pull out due to his own health issues. This is fact and 'no twisting of reality'. If you wish to give credit to the new set-up that's your take, your reply to me on the old county board and their agendas is we have to agree to differ. Don't you remember?

Pooman

What narrative would that be, explain! You're a strange cookie yourself with all your different identities.
Just giving JBS a heads up with regard to your modus operandi. I have only one identity C1 but if you want to carry on with the paranoia that's your own business.

Thanks Pooman for the heads up… the guy does misquote, mistakes identities and twists things to a bizarre degree. As you know John Cleary was ratified last August at CCC meeting for a 3 year term as manager. That was after he was proposed by the Cork executive the month previous following Keith Rickens departure. This is exactly the same process the previous managers were appointed. C1 thinks it’s all accidental!!

JimmyBarrySmurph

Kudos to you that you are satisfied with the establishment and their process. It took over 10 years and 2 different County Executives, a host of other managers after Keith Ricken packed it in to eventually see John Cleary proposed and eventually ratified by the CCC. Nice one!

JimmyBarrySmurph

Kudos to you that you are satisfied with the establishment and their process. It took over 10 years and 2 different County Executives, a host of other managers after Keith Ricken packed it in to eventually see John Cleary proposed and eventually ratified by the CCC. Nice one!
Keep digging… you’re in Aus by now!

a host of other managers after Keith Ricken packed it in to eventually see John Cleary proposed and eventually ratified by the CCC. Nice one!”
I shouldn’t have to point this out but John Cleary is the only manager after Keith Ricken. 🏆

JimmyBarrySMurph

I left out the word 'and' in the text but it makes no difference, I had already stated Cleary replaced Ricken in another post which again you happen to ignore. Talking about digging you're clutching at straws and nit-picking big time yourself.

I must hand it to you though, your establishment have a 5 year plan but you had your own 10 year plan to appoint John Cleary. I just hope Pooman helped you along also with your so-called process as ye will have changed Cork football for the better, in 2023 we should have a decent senior inter-county team in Cork. If he did a very hearty congratulations to ye both!

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Brian Gallagher Plus Guests
City Limits, Coburg St.

18th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..
More events ▼