Grandaddy pack it in

Gutted to discover that the new Grandaddy album is to be the last.
Apparently Mr Lyttle has had enough, in the Grandaddy incarnation anyway though he says he will continue making music.

Not too impressed by the album so far either, still that's the way with their albums of late, they tend to grow on you rather than have an immediate impact.

Any thoughts you crazy kids??

I must have come in late I only remember Paddy Casey as support but Ian Brown was definately one of the best gigs I've ever seen full stop.

republica said:
I must have come in late I only remember Paddy Casey as support but Ian Brown was definately one of the best gigs I've ever seen full stop.

they supported someone in henrys, thought it was ian brown

don't remember paddy casey on the bill that night at all, but maybe he was

Ian Brown

Paddy Casey was definately there anyway, strange support act for Ian Brown though. He was supposed to play the Opera House a while back but did'nt, I think the closest to Cork he came was Dolans in Limerick. I think we're in serious need of some promoters who know what they're doing down here.

Think it was Paddy Casey at the Ian Brown gig right enough, Grandaddy played in the Village in their day I believe though I fear I must admit I was not aware of their talents at the time.

my mate paul mcd, who clearly has a better memory than i, tells me it was super furry animals that grandaddy supported in henrys, not ian brown

Jim Comic said:
it was super furry animals that grandaddy supported in henrys
wow never realised that lineup played Sir Henry's, would like to have been at that, i know the two bands are still good mates anyway.

comet said:
wow never realised that lineup played Sir Henry's, would like to have been at that, i know the two bands are still good mates anyway.

as far as i can recall Philip, the local promoter, was never told grandaddy were supporting so he had booked a local band to support (Trampoline if i recall, the crowd who featured leo linehan anyways) and only found out grandaddy were supporitng when they arrived on the day so the local lads had to be dropped off the bill at short notice.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Hank Wedel
The Richmond Revival, College Road, Fermoy, Co. Cork, P61 T292

13th Sep 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Stand-up Comedy Club: 420 Comedy Show

The Roundy, Tomorrow @ 8:30pm

More events ▼