Getting in with a man,

I was chatting to younger work colleagues yesterday about the days of going to matches when you could get in with a man,
They looked at me in shock, I explained that many a time i stood outside Flower lodge, Turners x , The dog track and wait and ask
a man to take me in with him, No longer a thing id imagine,

I was chatting to younger work colleagues yesterday about the days of going to matches when you could get in with a man,
They looked at me in shock, I explained that many a time i stood outside Flower lodge, Turners x , The dog track and wait and ask
You're still waiting outside places for men

download.jpeg

"Come along with me young man, I'll take care of you alright"...................
1719475986098.png

My old man would remember this too. I’m in my mid 30s and it was never something we needed to do. Any time I’d head down the Pairc with my friends as a child we never needed to go in with a man.

Done it myself as a kid.

Only ever done it once though as I was so shy.(Not much has changed)🫣🫣

It was at Turners Cross. No idea what we were going in to see, as I had, and still have, no interest in soccer.

Christ, by the time I plucked up the courage to ask someone to take it in, I could swear the fooking thing was nearly finished. 😁😁

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Complete Stone Roses
The Oliver Plunkett, Oliver Plunkett St.

1st Aug 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Ursula Burke: These Fragile Monuments

Crawford Art Gallery, Tomorrow @ 10pm

More events ▼