Gaelic in the Joy. - Pandering to the criminals

Yet another instance where sympathy is being extended to the rotten criminals.
We had in the past that fool John Lonegan reaching out to the prisoners and saying that they are not bad persons.
They have the life of Reilly there flat screens free telephone free food getting the dole and not having to pay a penny for anything.
They should be out breaking stones wearing jump suits and doing some work not sitting around planning what crimes they will do when out.
Disgusting programme only for the woke brigade viewer's.

We had in the past that fool John Lonegan reaching out to the prisoners and saying that they are not bad persons.
They have the life of Reilly there flat screens free telephone free food getting the dole and not having to pay a penny for anything.
They should be out breaking stones wearing jump suits and doing some work not sitting around planning what crimes they will do when out.
Have you ever been in a prison?

What channel is it on?

Let me guess RTE ?

images

Prisoners do work btw

They also don't get the dole.

Prisoners get one phone call a week. Hardly "free telephone".

They get some very basic (and usually very terrible) food. Anything else they have to pay for.

Not sure why you want prisoners to wear jumpsuits to be honest - care to elaborate? Breaking stones is not very useful work and costs more in supervision than it makes for the prison. There are more useful jobs that prisoners can do (see link above).

Prison is not "the life of Reilly". If someone finds themselves in a position where prison conditions are better than their conditions outside of prison then that is a societal failure. The "lock em up and treat them like shit" routine doesn't work, either in terms of rehabilitation or deterrent.

This is a really good listen on the purpose and otherwise of prison

Well I for one fully believe these recidivist criminals when they look into the camera and tell us they’ve learned from their mistakes and just want to live a normal life.

I’m sure the few weeks kicking a ball with the scummiest GAA player of the last 20 years and the single most unfunny comedian in Ireland will turn these lads lives around and they’ll never visit any harm on another individual again.

Most be lovely for the victims they robbed and assaulted to see these guys running around having the craic and given a platform to spin their redemption bullshit /sob story to the nation.

Well I for one fully believe these recidivist criminals when they look into the camera and tell us they’ve learned from their mistakes and just want to live a normal life.

I’m sure the few weeks kicking a ball with the scummiest GAA player of the last 20 years and the single most unfunny comedian in Ireland will turn these lads lives around and they’ll never visit any harm on another individual again.

Most be lovely for the victims they robbed and assaulted to see these guys running around having the craic and given a platform to spin their redemption bullshit /sob story to the nation.
If I were a victim of crime I would much prefer to see my attacker having some rehabilitative opportunity than not. Without it, they are far more likely to reoffend on release from prison. Why would any victim of crime want that?

If I were a victim of crime I would much prefer to see my attacker having some rehabilitative opportunity than not. Without it, they are far more likely to reoffend on release from prison. Why would any victim of crime want that?
Nice to see you defending the scum Mattie, are these maggots keeping you in a job now ?

The good old Free Legal Aid lotto system

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Niamh Murphy & Declan Sinnott
The Richmond Revival, College Road, Fermoy, Co. Cork, P61 T292

23rd Nov 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

The Hollyz

Crane Lane Theatre, Tomorrow @ 9pm

More events ▼