Gaa brawls

Any more about that Liscarroll player? From what I am hearing, there was no report submitted to the Avondhu board so it sounds like he will get away scot free and no GAA ban will ensue. Aside from that, surely it is a Garda matter though as it was a serious assault.

Any more about that Liscarroll player? From what I am hearing, there was no report submitted to the Avondhu board so it sounds like he will get away scot free and no GAA ban will ensue. Aside from that, surely it is a Garda matter though as it was a serious assault.
Only just seeing this thread now because it was in the recents. Incident is being dealt with by the Gardai. I am absolutely in no way shape or form defending what happened, but the language used in that WhatsApp message is exaggatory.

Only just seeing this thread now because it was in the recents. Incident is being dealt with by the Gardai. I am absolutely in no way shape or form defending what happened, but the language used in that WhatsApp message is exaggatory.
If this account of the incident is exaggeratory please enlighten us..
I’ve heard multiple accounts of this incident from different hurling sources and all are consistent, even using some of the phrases in that’s WhatsApp. If it’s not correct, what happened.

If this account of the incident is exaggeratory please enlighten us..
I’ve heard multiple accounts of this incident from different hurling sources and all are consistent, even using some of the phrases in that’s WhatsApp. If it’s not correct, what happened.
I'm sure all your sources are from the one club. It's very hard to stab someone with a broken hurley if there's no broken hurley there. The player who struck Luttrel didn't break his hurley and although the facilities in Liscarroll wouldn't be the best, we don't have broken fragments of hurleys scattered around the pitch for men to stab eachother with.
I was stood with Mallow men that I work with at the game and when they were helping Luttrel towards the dressing room I asked them what had happened, they thought he'd had a collision with the u12 goals because the incident happened on the endline. The game didn't stop, no scene was made, but all of a sudden there's now loads of eye witnesses to say he "stabbed him with a broken hurley". I've no doubt at all that he was struck in the face with a hurley. And again I absolutely am not defending it, but to say he stabbed the man with a broken hurley is exaggatory. I won't be making anymore comments on it, I know there'll be a certain Internet troll who'll make smart comments about this post too. Nothing better to do with his life than try be a smart man on a forum.

I'm sure all your sources are from the one club. It's very hard to stab someone with a broken hurley if there's no broken hurley there. The player who struck Luttrel didn't break his hurley and although the facilities in Liscarroll wouldn't be the best, we don't have broken fragments of hurleys scattered around the pitch for men to stab eachother with.
I was stood with Mallow men that I work with at the game and when they were helping Luttrel towards the dressing room I asked them what had happened, they thought he'd had a collision with the u12 goals because the incident happened on the endline. The game didn't stop, no scene was made, but all of a sudden there's now loads of eye witnesses to say he "stabbed him with a broken hurley". I've no doubt at all that he was struck in the face with a hurley. And again I absolutely am not defending it, but to say he stabbed the man with a broken hurley is exaggatory. I won't be making anymore comments on it, I know there'll be a certain Internet troll who'll make smart comments about this post too. Nothing better to do with his life than try be a smart man on a forum.
Fair play, I hope you are right. Although striking with hurley is terrible as well and not to be condoned, it reads a bit better than stabbed with a broken hurley

It's good to get an eye witness account of the incident from someone who was at the match, maybe not as bad as is described in the watsapp message doing the rounds, be nice to know was it a row between the two players or was it just the liscaroll/churchtown player pulling on the sliotar in the air and struck the lad in the face. Wouldn't take any notice of trolls HG, as you say you were there so know what happened. Hope the poor lad from mallow makes a full recovery and doesn't have a lasting scar.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT

Sunday & Bank Holiday Tours

Crawford Art Gallery, Tomorrow @ 2pm

More events ▼