Gaa brawls

There was a discussion on newstalk earlier about GAA brawls,
The video of the brawl in Laois at the weekend has gone viral,
The presenter said if similar scenes happened on the street it woud
be deemed assault and gardai would be involved, The presenter also
mentioned the fact the club hardman is held up as some sort of legend,
Only stronger suspensions can help to put an end to this carry on,

Laois seems to have a bit of history when it comes to these brawls. Wasnt there a huge brawl in Laois club hurling between Ballyroan and Camross in the 80s. Its available on youtube. Savages.

Laois seems to have a bit of history when it comes to these brawls. Wasnt there a huge brawl in Laois club hurling between Ballyroan and Camross in the 80s. Its available on youtube. Savages.

Laois minor footballers v cork about 20 years ago as well

These are widespread and have been going on since time immemorial. It’s part of the inbred muck savage culture where they settle their differences on and off the field. The destitute from these rural hell holes have even brought it abroad with them to their Irish semi ghettos. I caught my first one up live whilst on a student visit to the US.

Not surprised Newstalk covered this story as their coverage of Gaa is miniscule compared to their coverage of soccer and rugby about 30 mins coverage as a preview of the all ireland on the Friday before the game and about 10 mins every other week.
They love a good dig at the Gaa now and them.

There was a discussion on newstalk earlier about GAA brawls,
The video of the brawl in Laois at the weekend has gone viral,
The presenter said if similar scenes happened on the street it woud
be deemed assault and gardai would be involved, The presenter also
mentioned the fact the club hardman is held up as some sort of legend,
Only stronger suspensions can help to put an end to this carry on,

When was the last one before this? The club ‘hard man’ whether right
Or wrong is appreciated in every sport, have they ever watched Aussie rules ?

Not surprised Newstalk covered this story as their coverage of Gaa is miniscule compared to their coverage of soccer and rugby

Is this still true, bluesball?
Haven't listened to Newstalk in a long while, so I genuinely don't know, but that was one of the reasons I drifted away from it.
The OTB GAA podcast is very good - is OTB still part of Newstalk?

yes they do their gaa podcasts which are very good but outside of that they give more coverage to golf than Gaa.
I cant help it if GAA is my number 1 sport but i would also say i have see as much if not more rugby club games than most on here.

yes they do their gaa podcasts which are very good but outside of that they give more coverage to golf than Gaa.
I cant help it if GAA is my number 1 sport but i would also say i have see as much if not more rugby club games than most on here.

Ok, thanks bluesball. GAA would be my Number 1 as well, though far from my only love.

As an organization, though, we in the GAA don't help ourselves, imo: the IRFU, for one, play the PR and Media game very well and feed the beast whereas most of us are trained at birth to imitate a clam when a mike is put in front of us!

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Lyra
Live At The Marquee

16th Jun 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

The Longest Johns

Cyprus Avenue, Tomorrow @ 7pm

More events ▼