Funerals and offerings to remember the deceased

The Judge

Just came back from a lovely funeral mass.The offerings brought to the altar before the mass started signified the life of the deceased and were momentos of what were near and dear to her.A remote control(she loved watching her soaps).A box of Barrys tea bags(loved her cuppa)and a pair of garden gloves(loved her gardening).
Along with these was a singer who had a fantastic voice.It was a lovely send off,for the person that died.It made me think of how i'd like to be remembered.Just wondering if any of ye have seen anything strange or something that you thought"ya i'd love that at my funeral".Anyone got any stories on funeral masses?

I buried my father a few weeks back. He wouldnt have been into offerings so we didnt do that.

The music/hymns were lovely and the priest even allowed a big band number streamed from youtube when we were carring him out.

I just want a song though at my funeral.

I want " flowers in december" by Mazzy Star played at the interval and "I started a joke" by the Bee Gees to play me out.

I buried my father a few weeks back. He wouldnt have been into offerings so we didnt do that.

The music/hymns were lovely and the priest even allowed a big band number streamed from youtube when we were carring him out.

I just want a song though at my funeral.

I want " flowers in december" by Mazzy Star played at the interval and "I started a joke" by the Bee Gees to play me out.

sorry for your troubles, fair play to the priest, many priests are anti this sort of stuff,

I'll be having The Sash for the burning and Come Out Ye Black and Tans for the scattering. Should keep everyone happy.

1987 after cork beat kerry in the replay my dad sang the banks in paidis,
paidi wasnt impressed,

:), I prefer Quinn's in the village. Paidis was like a gallery to himself and he was just waiting for the next Yank to call in. Saying that I have a picture with him and I a raw baby in the Sam Maguire. '85 I think

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT

Light and Shade

Crawford Art Gallery, Today @ 10am

More events ▼