Franz Ferdinand in The Pavilion

Franz were flying - Alex Kapranos seemed to be really impressed with the Pavilion too and that fed through into the set. Happy with the amount they played from the first album, was afraid the set might be heavy on the 3rd and forthcoming one.

And yeah, "the Chevin" is one of the worst names I've ever heard for anything.

Franz were flying - Alex Kapranos seemed to be really impressed with the Pavilion too and that fed through into the set. Happy with the amount they played from the first album, was afraid the set might be heavy on the 3rd and forthcoming one.

And yeah, "the Chevin" is one of the worst names I've ever heard for anything.

Yeah i was expecting a good few new tracks,thought that was partly why they were doing this tour(along with warming up for the Summer dates)from what i made out there was only 2 new songs(both good)and it was as much as 8 off the first album which was a big (welcome)surprise,i loved every minute of it,i met them afterwards and they were sound as the proverbial pound,very nice guys

Yeah i was expecting a good few new tracks,thought that was partly why they were doing this tour(along with warming up for the Summer dates)from what i made out there was only 2 new songs(both good)and it was as much as 8 off the first album which was a big (welcome)surprise,i loved every minute of it,i met them afterwards and they were sound as the proverbial pound,very nice guys

I think there was 4 new tracks? Fresh Strawberries, Trees and Animals, I recall one or two at the start too - either way, 4 out of about 18 is fine.

Actually maybe it was 4,i never listened to the last album that much so i didnt know if some were from that or new,i just remember two being introduced as new,but yeah no complaints with 4 out of 17/18,very happy with the set....apart from no "The Fallen" which rocks like a bastard!

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT

Anatomy Of A Fall (15A)

Triskel Arts Centre, Tomorrow @ 5pm

More events ▼