Fitzgibbon/Sigerson

Is Spratt in charge of MTU? Who’s the UCC coach… I know Billy Morgan is involved. MTU are much stronger than UCD imo this year
I found photos of the match programmes online.

MTU Football Management:

Manager: Pat Spratt (Buttevant)
Coach: Andrew Cashman (Mallow)
GK Coach: Anthony Casey (Kiskeam)
Selectors:
Brian Herlihy (Dohenys)
Fachtna O' Connor (Cullen)
Jimmy Thompson (Aghabullogue)
Coach/S&C: Luke Hanna (Mitchelstown)
Defence Coach: Mark Griffin (Éire Óg)

UCC Football Management:

Selectors:
Billy Morgan
Brian Cuthbert
Charlie McLaughlin
Paul O' Keeffe
Mike Twomey
Mick Reynolds.

A great campaign for both Cork colleges so far in the Sigerson Cup. And we have Cork representatives on other teams too. For example, Mark Lenahan (Buttevant), Seán McDonnell (Mallow) and Darragh Cashman (Milstreet) started for UL. Conor Corbett for DCU of course.

Good to see Cathail O' Mahony come on for UCC scoring 4 points tonight.

Draw on today Cork teams can t play each other. be great to see them both progress again, busy time for these lads with National league on Sunday. Big game in Mallow in Corn Ui Mhuiri on Saturday.
Its all positive for Cork football Sigerson is great for player development along with the Corn Ui Mhuiri colleges doing well too...we might not win either trophy but its an improvement...

That Trinity Twitter is good to follow. Very funny at times
Got into serious trouble a couple years ago after a tweet about kyle hayes when they played ul

How's it fair to have played in DCU?

Stand to be corrected but its first out gets home advantage, bar Munster/Ulster games they go neutral because of the distance.
I would think most the college grounds have the facilities to to host the games at this time of year so they do not have to go looking for
a neutral venue which would not be available.

UCC played at home already in competition as have MTU and both lost whilst having home advantage. Big ask for MTU to beat them in their back yard, be interesting which of the backs takes up Corbett, but they are formidable everywhere up top anyway. Hopefully Electric Ireland are streaming it as they have done with some of the games so far.

I know I’ll be accused of Clon bias now but i can’t understand how Dan Peet isn’t getting game time for UCC.

I see Luke Donnelly scored 3-3, incredible to think that a forward can do that kind of damage and still mgmt decline to bring on one of the best young defenders in the game to shackle him.

I do notice a strong city make up of the management team. Makes you wonder is there bias at play….

I’ll be shocked if UCC can win this without using Peet.

Stand to be corrected but its first out gets home advantage, bar Munster/Ulster games they go neutral because of the distance.
I would think most the college grounds have the facilities to to host the games at this time of year so they do not have to go looking for

UCC played at home already in competition as have MTU and both lost whilst having home advantage. Big ask for MTU to beat them in their back yard, be interesting which of the backs takes up Corbett, but they are formidable everywhere up top anyway. Hopefully Electric Ireland are streaming it as they have done with some of the games so far.
It McCann Dublin wing Foward and Finnerty Galway corner forward are there scoring forwards against Queens.

Scorers - DCU: R Finnerty 2-3 (0-3f), K McGann 1-2, S Walsh 0-3 (3f), C Corbett (f), D Lacey (f), M Costello (f), S O’Donnell, B Carroll, J McGroddy 0-1 each. Queen’s University: R Donnelly (f), L Donnelly (f), 0-2 each, P McGrane 0-1.

DCU: D O’Hanlon; T Crean, P Hughes, J Grant; M Costello, PJ Masterson, A Beirne; B Carroll, K Quinn; S O’Donnell, S Walsh, K McGann; L O’Dell, C Corbett, R Finnerty. Subs: J Bryant, J McGroddy, L Glennon-Boyle, D Lacey, M Cully.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Eoin Jordan & Stan Notte
The Richmond Revival, College Road, Fermoy, Co. Cork, P61 T292

11th May 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Felix Da Housecat

Cyprus Avenue, Today @ 11pm

More events ▼