Fitzgibbon/Sigerson

I think Randals are up junior A this year as Carbery GAA implemented a relegation/promotion structure in their championship and Randals won the junior b division hence promotion. Would be interested to see how they get on at Junior A. Happy to be proved wrong on this.

On Ryan O’Donovan I believe he should at least be brought into the development panel that currently exists in Cork football. Based on Sigerson performances alone. I would have had MTU as outsiders in that game as Maynooth had won the league and hadn’t been beaten by NUIG by much. They could be real dark horses for the title now and have some really strong players involved; Meehan, Maguire, Linehan, Walshes and Eanna O’Hanlon etc... Scoring forwards besides O’Donovan could be their undoing.

From what I’ve seen NUIG have to be favourites to repeat their win from last year. DCU mightn’t be far off either

The two cork colleges in sigerson action this week looking to book quarter final spots. I would fancy CIT to get over Sligo on Tuesday especially after their impressive win last week and the game being played in Cork. Would be shocked if they didn’t come through this. Wouldn’t share the same enthusiasm for UCC travelling to Dublin to take on Queens. They’ve struggled with these sort of matchups in the past and appear to be a bit toothless when faced with a typical ‘sigerson’ type battle. Should be interesting and hopefully cork players show up well.

The two cork colleges in sigerson action this week looking to book quarter final spots. I would fancy CIT to get over Sligo on Tuesday especially after their impressive win last week and the game being played in Cork. Would be shocked if they didn’t come through this. Wouldn’t share the same enthusiasm for UCC travelling to Dublin to take on Queens. They’ve struggled with these sort of matchups in the past and appear to be a bit toothless when faced with a typical ‘sigerson’ type battle. Should be interesting and hopefully cork players show up well.
Not sure MTU game is in Cork. It will be played middle of the country as Sligo would have too far to travel for a night time game. A big loss to lose home advantage

Last edited:
Big win for MTU, good to see David Buckley Newcestown getting back on the field.
MTU have a strong defence, have an outfield player playing in goal too, does Twomey come out of his goal i wonder, v good dead ball kicker.
They have put up two big scores in their last 2 games. 3 Cork lads lining out for UL in their win also.

Is Spratt in charge of MTU? Who’s the UCC coach… I know Billy Morgan is involved. MTU are much stronger than UCC imo this year

Last edited:
EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT

Stand-up Comedy Club: Earlier Show

The Roundy, Today @ 6:30pm

More events ▼