Fitzgibbon/Sigerson

Hard to believe Dan Peet isn’t starting for UCC, one of the best young defenders in the country. I can only assume Billy is keeping his powder dry and will unleash Peet to shackle a big name forward in the latter stages of the competition.
Just wondering is this fella being serious ? Genuine question

UCC were very lucky this evening against Maynooth. They completely fell asleep after half time when I'd say a lot of them felt they had the game won being a man up and 6 points to the good.

On a bright note for us, Jack O'Connor looked very very lively in the opening 30 minutes. He got a couple of sublime scores from the sideline and took his goal very well. He was taken off at half time to mind him but I was taken aback by how sharp he was. Shane Barrett looked very good too. Without Barrett in the second half UCC were fucked. Eoin Roche had a good game too at centre back.

Brian Hayes was disappointing when he came in for O'Connor but he'll get better with more games. Good to see Darragh Flynn, Robbie Cotter and Daniel Hogan start out at this level. Hopefully they can drive it on now.

Seán Daly midfield from Randal Óg had a good game. Tigerish player and very able in possession too.
How did Luke Elliot play?

Also went to the UCC game, would agree with what's written above. Did think they were a bit unlucky in the first 40 mins, could have easily had 4 or 5 goals, but I suppose its not really bad luck when you shoot right at the goalie. If Daly at midfield was only a small bit bigger he could make a tidy midfielder or even a corner back. Think he's u20 this year. Barrett and O Connor were lively alright. Boylan and Niall O Leary were in control all night down the other end.
Biggest problem in the second half, was the loss of shape. Maynooth had very little threat inside but were picking points from out the field. Cathal McCarthy just kind of sat on the 45 and didn't do much. I felt that it would be more effective if he was played as a third midfielder to crowd it out a bit more. They could have used an extra attacker around there as going long after 3 or 4 lateral handpasses wasn't working. If they used the extra body better they could have created overlaps and got running at Maynooth
Edit: I thought Luke Elliott done fine, bit tentative in the air which was surprising for such a big man.

UCC had a horrendous second half. The game seemed over at ht - 6 points up with an extra man. Must give Maynooth huge credit for such a brave second half. They won everything in the air and every ruck ball.( not surprising there were 11 or so from KK). Our 2 midfielders were too small - looked like under 16s. No visible leaders on view when game was slipping away. O Connor and Barrett both looked class but not too many more stood out. I know they’ve a lot of injuries but they need to get some of these guys back.

UCC were very lucky this evening against Maynooth. They completely fell asleep after half time when I'd say a lot of them felt they had the game won being a man up and 6 points to the good.

On a bright note for us, Jack O'Connor looked very very lively in the opening 30 minutes. He got a couple of sublime scores from the sideline and took his goal very well. He was taken off at half time to mind him but I was taken aback by how sharp he was. Shane Barrett looked very good too. Without Barrett in the second half UCC were fucked. Eoin Roche had a good game too at centre back.

Brian Hayes was disappointing when he came in for O'Connor but he'll get better with more games. Good to see Darragh Flynn, Robbie Cotter and Daniel Hogan start out at this level. Hopefully they can drive it on now.

Seán Daly midfield from Randal Óg had a good game. Tigerish player and very able in possession too.
What grade are Randal Óg? Junior B west cork? He'll surely have to move elsewhere will he

What grade are Randal Óg? Junior B west cork? He'll surely have to move elsewhere will he
People within Cork and college setups are already telling the lad he should look to transfer to Clon. However, the powers that be in Clon are currently focusing their efforts on the recruitment of Ryan OD, and it’s felt that recruiting another player from a small junior club (who might not even make the Clon 15) could prove troublesome and create unnecessary animosity towards Clon.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Low-key Funny
The Roundy, Castle St.

15th May 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..

Soviet Milk (NC) [Baltic Film Festival]

Triskel Arts Centre, Tomorrow @ 7pm

More events ▼