Fitzgibbon/Sigerson

Was at the CIT game, okay game. Evan Niland pick of the bunch, scored about 1-6 from play. I'd hesitate to blame Joyce for this, because he was kind of in a no win situation. The NUIG wing forwards dropped so deep and the CIT wing backs followed them, so Joyce had to hold back and protect his full back line. This gave Niland a lot of space and his striking is unreal. Don't know how he got free for his goal mind.
On the CIT side I though Brian Roche and Beausang done OK. If you could combine the 2 of them you'd have a flaking half forward. Jack Cahalane very disappointing, didn't make anything of the little service he got. Sam Quirke didn't play, a big loss. Their best player was Sean Walsh from Fourmilewater. Never heard of him before and he's kind of gangly and awkward, but he gave Tiernan Killeen a lot of trouble, scoring 1-2 and laying on the first goal for Roche
Was really disappointed with Cahalane too, I felt he got a good bit of supply aswell, quirke, paddy o flynn and Alan Connolly would’ve added a bit more quality to that side overall which was probably the difference. MTU seemed to be carrying a few bodies

Was at the CIT game, okay game. Evan Niland pick of the bunch, scored about 1-6 from play. I'd hesitate to blame Joyce for this, because he was kind of in a no win situation. The NUIG wing forwards dropped so deep and the CIT wing backs followed them, so Joyce had to hold back and protect his full back line. This gave Niland a lot of space and his striking is unreal. Don't know how he got free for his goal mind.
On the CIT side I though Brian Roche and Beausang done OK. If you could combine the 2 of them you'd have a flaking half forward. Jack Cahalane very disappointing, didn't make anything of the little service he got. Sam Quirke didn't play, a big loss. Their best player was Sean Walsh from Fourmilewater. Never heard of him before and he's kind of gangly and awkward, but he gave Tiernan Killeen a lot of trouble, scoring 1-2 and laying on the first goal for Roche
Sean Walsh on the Waterford senior panel

Anyone have a report from UCC win against ATUG?

Hard to believe Dan Peet isn’t starting for UCC, one of the best young defenders in the country. I can only assume Billy is keeping his powder dry and will unleash Peet to shackle a big name forward in the latter stages of the competition.

Hard to believe Dan Peet isn’t starting for UCC, one of the best young defenders in the country. I can only assume Billy is keeping his powder dry and will unleash Peet to shackle a big name forward in the latter stages of the competition.
No offence fox. Fine player but don’t think he’s better than the players starting. Mainly deployed in the full back line. Who’s he gonna get in ahead. They are all v strong in that department

I was up at the MTU match today. They had a massive over the league champions maynooth this evening. I would be very surprised if the young Alan Walsh does not get a call up to the cork seniors this year. Also what was great to see was the MTU bench was very strong.

UCC were very lucky this evening against Maynooth. They completely fell asleep after half time when I'd say a lot of them felt they had the game won being a man up and 6 points to the good.

On a bright note for us, Jack O'Connor looked very very lively in the opening 30 minutes. He got a couple of sublime scores from the sideline and took his goal very well. He was taken off at half time to mind him but I was taken aback by how sharp he was. Shane Barrett looked very good too. Without Barrett in the second half UCC were fucked. Eoin Roche had a good game too at centre back.

Brian Hayes was disappointing when he came in for O'Connor but he'll get better with more games. Good to see Darragh Flynn, Robbie Cotter and Daniel Hogan start out at this level. Hopefully they can drive it on now.

Seán Daly midfield from Randal Óg had a good game. Tigerish player and very able in possession too.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Jackie Fabulous (Americas Got Talent) Plus Guests
City Limits, Coburg St.

4th Oct 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

The Love Buzz

Coughlan's, Tomorrow @ 8pm

More events ▼