FFG Government Ministers caught again

There are 2 sides to this -

Either government ministers can do what they like because they're the government and opposition to them is spurious and a waste of time including calling them out on subterranean standards in public office.

Or.

Opposition is a valid part of the democratic process. Being a government minister does not absolve you from following the law / standards in public office, financial impropriety isn't a perk of office.

Given who the main opposition party is......this further boils down to "we have more important things to do like running the country" including maintaining a housing, health, cost of living crises......versus but, but Sinn Féin, Dowdall, pIRA.

Whichever side you're on as evidenced in this thread is irrelevant to the core issue which is being ignored and replaced with champions league levels of whatabouttery on all sides.
Was English in government when he filed the playing application? I never knew that.
As for them being able to do what they want, how many ministers in the government have been held accountable and lost their portfolios in this term?

Was English in government when he filed the playing application? I never knew that.
As for them being able to do what they want, how many ministers in the government have been held accountable and lost their portfolios in this term?
English neglected to mention ownership of the house either in the planning application or in the Dáil register of interest.
Genuinely, it's like you enjoy being wrong.
You are very good at it to be fair.👍

Better candidates would certainly help as for the 1st time in my voting career i voted only 1,2 and 3 because the rest imho were useless and i would say i have been proved right.

Point is simple. Whichever side you take, the fundamental issue of standards and propriety in public office is being routinely bypassed by the whatabouttery on all sides.

That means the respect with which public office, particularly cabinet office is treated by the position holders is at an all time low. It used to be that there were norms or conventions or notional lines which were held to be rubicons - now it becomes part of the over and back of party attack.

Are standards in public office, impropriety etc as important as the health crisis or the housing crisis? No of course not. But if we accept this level of corruption is it no wonder we then have to tolerate the state of the nation such as it is.

To answer your question - I don't know off the top of my head when he filed the application but it seems clear he did not disclose his holdings / mortgages / interests as he is required to. Saw a thing on twitter earlier saying he spoke in the Dáil (Seanad??) on vulture fund protection when one of his own mortgages was after being bought by a vulture fund.

It's like TD's on all sides think they have an ability or should have the ability to walk between raindrops as they see fit.

By definition every game they've already played is history. Stick to the 1 account lad. You can't multi task and certainly can't take on the big boys.👍
Ok.
The most recent game between Fenway Sports Grpup UK/Liverpool and Brighton & Hove Albion resulted in a predictable defeat for the former.

Now, if you want to mix it with the SFI THEN, I’ll gladl move across to the Sports Forum where you can be embarrassed further.

You mug.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Lyra
Live At The Marquee

16th Jun 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

DJ Ian Richards

Crane Lane Theatre, Today @ 11pm

More events ▼