FFG Government Ministers caught again

Poor Earl. Even Honest John has left to lick his wounds such a mauling he was taking here in trying to defend the indefensible. But now we have Earl shooting himself in the foot, reloading and aiming at his other foot, Rinse and Repeat :ROFLMAO:

Your efforts at trying to defend English's "honour" are risible

What do we want ,More houses,
When do we want them .Now
Where do we want them. Not in our constituency.
And that applies to all parties and a major reason we have a housing crisis

Before you post any more deflections bb maybe you'd answer the question put to you regarding your blaming of the people who voted for our politicians.

What, in your opinion, should the people do to rectify the situation?

Should they

a) Vote for parties other than those currently in Government and responsible for the current Government policies
b) Vote for parties currently in Government in the hope that they'll change their current Government policies
c) Spoil their votes with suggestions of how to improve policies written on the ballot paper
d) Simply not vote because "They're all the same"

First of all Soundy i will vote as i consider voting should be made compulsory with fines for those who dont vote. A spoilt vote is a vote. Who am i to tell people which candidate or party to vote for, but if i had to i would ask all in CNC to spoil there votes as we have the worst 4 Tds in the dail except for Paul Murphy.

There are 2 sides to this -

Either government ministers can do what they like because they're the government and opposition to them is spurious and a waste of time including calling them out on subterranean standards in public office.

Or.

Opposition is a valid part of the democratic process. Being a government minister does not absolve you from following the law / standards in public office, financial impropriety isn't a perk of office.

Given who the main opposition party is......this further boils down to "we have more important things to do like running the country" including maintaining a housing, health, cost of living crises......versus but, but Sinn Féin, Dowdall, pIRA.

Whichever side you're on as evidenced in this thread is irrelevant to the core issue which is being ignored and replaced with champions league levels of whatabouttery on all sides.

First of all Soundy i will vote as i consider voting should be made compulsory with fines for those who dont vote. A spoilt vote is a vote. Who am i to tell people which candidate or party to vote for, but if i had to i would ask all in CNC to spoil there votes as we have the worst 4 Tds in the dail except for Paul Murphy.

We are agreed on that. And that's why I think it was a major cop-out by you to try blame those people who voted for the elected reps for the terrible state the country is in. People can only vote for the options put in front of them for vote on election day. That's the way our system works

Don't you think the people of CNC might vote for other candidates if their parties put forward other candidates?

BTW, the 4 sitting TDs from CNC are
  • Mick Barry (PBP–S)
  • Colm Burke (FG)
  • Thomas Gould (SF)
  • Pádraig O'Sullivan (FF)

so I'm not really sure who you've in mind with Paul Murphy but whoever it is they can't have made much of an impression.

There are 2 sides to this -

Either government ministers can do what they like because they're the government and opposition to them is spurious and a waste of time including calling them out on subterranean standards in public office.

Or.

Opposition is a valid part of the democratic process. Being a government minister does not absolve you from following the law / standards in public office, financial impropriety isn't a perk of office.

Given who the main opposition party is......this further boils down to "we have more important things to do like running the country" including maintaining a housing, health, cost of living crises......versus but, but Sinn Féin, Dowdall, pIRA.

Whichever side you're on as evidenced in this thread is irrelevant to the core issue which is being ignored and replaced with champions league levels of whatabouttery on all sides.

Generally a good post PROC and I agree there's been some amount of whataboutery indulged in by the "but but Sinn Féin" crew, but can you explain how sticking to posting about FFG Government Ministers (namely English and Paschal on this thread so far) is whataboutery on this thread titled

FFG Government Ministers caught again​

Thanks

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Jackie Fabulous (Americas Got Talent) Plus Guests
City Limits, Coburg St.

4th Oct 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Thursday Tours

Crawford Art Gallery, Tomorrow @ 6:30pm

More events ▼