Far-Right Protests in Fermoy

You don't seem to grasp the concept of personal responsibility at all. You are perfectly entitled to make decisions as you see fit for your kids. You are not entitled to make decisions for my kids, or anyone else's kids.
Fine in theory but not really reality.

In a practical sense people will have expectations about what the service on offer entails, and I would think most parents would assume in the kids section of the library the books would not really be adult orientated. I don't think any parent is going to go and read every book it contains before giving their child access to the library.

There are loads of cases where peoples trust has been abused, the creche furore in Dublin, the exposure of shit that went down in some old folks homes, basically people did not know this and thus were outraged when it came to light simply because they put their trust and indeed had no choice but to put their trust in both these cases because it would have been impractical and probably impossible to sit in on the creche all day long or similarly spend an inordinate amount of time in the homes before they placed their elderly parents at their mercy.

And re the above book I would think there are a shitload of parents who have no idea that book is shelved in the childs section, some who may have no problem with it, but I'd imagine quite a lot who would have a huge problem with it, so it is not necessarily the decision of the parent if they are unaware of the contents of the library based on what would be a natural assumption, namely the kids section contains kids books.

I'd agree with Dan on his premise of the library having a duty of care to kids, the same as the school you send your kids to, the GAA, Rugby or whatever sports clubs your kids may attend also have a duty of care to them.

The stuff about prostate massaging would be considered hardcore by many adults, I'm not sure why there is such an urgent need to push that sort of information onto children tbh.

I wonder how many men on here have allowed their wives stick their fingers up their bums? Not many I suspect. 👆
A French Arab girl done it to me while giving me a BJ, done the trick.

The stuff about prostate massaging would be considered hardcore by many adults, I'm not sure why there is such an urgent need to push that sort of information onto children tbh.

I wonder how many men on here have allowed their wives stick their fingers up their bums? Not many I suspect. 👆
Personally I'm all for it.....but where would I put the hamster?

Those lads are missing out so. Nothing better than getting a BJ while having a finger or two inserted at the same time

In a practical sense people will have expectations about what the service on offer entails, and I would think most parents would assume in the kids section of the library the books would not really be adult orientated. I don't think any parent is going to go and read every book it contains before giving their child access to the library.

There are loads of cases where peoples trust has been abused, the creche furore in Dublin, the exposure of shit that went down in some old folks homes, basically people did not know this and thus were outraged when it came to light simply because they put their trust and indeed had no choice but to put their trust in both these cases because it would have been impractical and probably impossible to sit in on the creche all day long or similarly spend an inordinate amount of time in the homes before they placed their elderly parents at their mercy.

And re the above book I would think there are a shitload of parents who have no idea that book is shelved in the childs section, some who may have no problem with it, but I'd imagine quite a lot who would have a huge problem with it, so it is not necessarily the decision of the parent if they are unaware of the contents of the library based on what would be a natural assumption, namely the kids section contains kids books.

I'd agree with Dan on his premise of the library having a duty of care to kids, the same as the school you send your kids to, the GAA, Rugby or whatever sports clubs your kids may attend also have a duty of care to them.

Excellent post.

Your post is predicated on the notion that a parent is unaware of the books that their 12 year old is checking out of the library. I cannot see that as anything other than a parental issue to be honest.

Also, T=this book wouldn't be in the kid's section, it would be in the young adult section.

What is the duty of care in this case to your mind? To not provide access to a book that is listed as suitable for young adults? It does not contain any illegal material. What duty of care would the library be failing to provide in this case?

To compare it to abuse in creches or old folks homes is ridiculous.

Your post is predicated on the notion that a parent is unaware of the books that their 12 year old is checking out of the library. I cannot see that as anything other than a parental issue to be honest.

Also, T=this book wouldn't be in the kid's section, it would be in the young adult section.

What is the duty of care in this case to your mind? To not provide access to a book that is listed as suitable for young adults? It does not contain any illegal material. What duty of care would the library be failing to provide in this case?

To compare it to abuse in creches or old folks homes is ridiculous.
You could try to make a case that the kid was traumatised by reading the book and sue the library service for mental trauma etc.

Get a sympathetic Opus Dei judge and you could be quids in, would be more profitable than going round ripping up books or posting moder8ly offensive content on the local talk page.

It's a bit of a Slippery-Slip really, if you ban that, you'll have people wanting to ban Harry Potter because of JK Rowling's trans stance etc.

You could try to make a case that the kid was traumatised by reading the book and sue the library service for mental trauma etc.

Get a sympathetic Opus Dei judge and you could be quids in, would be more profitable than going round ripping up books or posting moder8ly offensive content on the local talk page.

It's a bit of a Slippery-Slip really, if you ban that, you'll have people wanting to ban Harry Potter because of JK Rowling's trans stance etc.

Harry Potter and the stimulated prostate?

Sweet false equivalence bro.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Sister Act The Musical
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

2nd Apr 2024 @ 7:30 pm
More info..

Little Known & Mossy & Pebbledash

Cyprus Avenue, Today @ 7pm

More events ▼