Far-Right Protests in Fermoy

Fairly sure the Blueshirts merged with Cumann na nGaedheal to form Fine Gael who were elected to government.

Now to people like you the Blueshirts mightn't have been right-wing and their membership being "limited to people who were Irish or whose parents "profess the Christian faith" meant they were just Christians but reasonable people would describe them as having been a right-wing fascist group. They even went and fought in Spain for the fascists but according to you they weren't right-wing :rolleyes:

Ireland has rejected both left-wing and right-wing parties and politicians since 1922 and it has always been centrist, Christian or Social democrat.

Again, Ireland never elected left-wing or right-wing parties as a conservative, inward-looking Christian conservative State in its infancy.

Sone of your top I.R.A. heroes and martyrs hooked up and even plotted with the actual Third Reich so perhaps just stick to the Werthers originals today.......

Again, Ireland never elected left-wing or right-wing parties as a conservative, inward-looking Christian conservative State in its infancy.

Sone of your top I.R.A. heroes and martyrs hooked up and even plotted with the actual Third Reich so perhaps just stick to the Werthers originals today.......

Ireland elected Fine Gael to government complete with former members of the Blueshirts. Are you really going to try pretend the Blueshirts were not right-wingers? :oops:

I know you like to deflect but O'Duffy and his crew fought alongside Hitler and Mussolini's troops in Spain against IRA men like Frank Ryan.

Ireland elected Fine Gael to government complete with former members of the Blueshirts. Are you really going to try pretend the Blueshirts were not right-wingers? :oops:

I know you like to deflect but O'Duffy and his crew fought alongside Hitler and Mussolini's troops in Spain against IRA men like Frank Ryan.
Welcome to democracy.

You will get used to it eventually.

Which fascist and right-wing policies were implemented in this State?

Sound_Y? *

*Nice swerve on the I.R.A. - Nazi Germany connections and collaboration.

Welcome to democracy.

You will get used to it eventually.

Which fascist and right-wing policies were implemented in this State?

Sound_Y? *

*Nice swerve on the I.R.A. - Nazi Germany connections and collaboration.
Hilarious really. Nazi Germany sent a spy to ireland to contact the Chief of Staff of the Army and he contacted the Chief of Staff of the IRA by accident 🤦‍♂️

Hilarious really. Nazi Germany sent a spy to ireland to contact the Chief of Staff of the Army and he contacted the Chief of Staff of the IRA by accident 🤦‍♂️

Well the head of police in the state for the first 10 years had been a fascist who led the Blueshirts - but of course to Stacey he was just a god-fearing middle of the road kinda guy 🤪

Well the head of police in the state for the first 10 years had been a fascist who led the Blueshirts - but of course to Stacey he was just a god-fearing middle of the road kinda guy 🤪
No doubt there were fascist elements to CnG and early days FG but they had disappeared by the time they entered Government in the late 40s.

Negro is massively outdated term and really shouldn’t be used. I said African as I didn’t want all my information posted on here.
This is only true in the Anglosphere. Negro is absolutely fine in Portuguese/Spanish, so please stop spreading disinformation that only seeks to oppress our bipoc brothers and sisters

No doubt there were fascist elements to CnG and early days FG but they had disappeared by the time they entered Government in the late 40s.

Costello, the guy who was made Taoiseach in the late 1940s under that government was a proponent of the Blueshirts having infamously spoken out in support of them. He also cowtowed to the Catholic Church on the Mother and Child bill and went against one of the coalition ministers and was also the guy who infamously said
" "I am an Irishman second, I am a Catholic first, and I accept without qualification in all respects the teaching of the hierarchy and the church to which I belong."

But shur to the likes of Stacey that's just a middle-of-the-road kinda guy who just believes in God :rolleyes:

Costello, the guy who was made Taoiseach in the late 1940s under that government was a proponent of the Blueshirts having infamously spoken out in support of them. He also cowtowed to the Catholic Church on the Mother and Child bill and went against one of the coalition ministers and was also the guy who infamously said
" "I am an Irishman second, I am a Catholic first, and I accept without qualification in all respects the teaching of the hierarchy and the church to which I belong."

But shur to the likes of Stacey that's just a middle-of-the-road kinda guy who just believes in God :rolleyes:

God fucking rules m8

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Complete Stone Roses
The Oliver Plunkett, Oliver Plunkett St.

1st Aug 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Jan McCullough: Night Class

Crawford Art Gallery, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼