Far-Right Protests in Fermoy

What happened in Fermoy didn’t represent the town at all. Most who protested not even living here. My wife is African and my son is mixed race and we’ve never experienced people being anything but nice and decent to us.
Assuming everyone seeking international protection is black as if that’s the prominent factor behind the protest is more than a little racist.

Assuming everyone seeking international protection is black as if that’s the prominent factor behind the protest is more than a little racist.
Where did I make such an assumption? These people are anti immigration. They don’t see any difference between refugees and those fleeing war and other types of immigrants.

I never mentioned anything about anyone being black. Being African doesn’t necessarily mean someone is black. Quite the presumption.

You brought up race when most of those seeking protection are white. Walk it back m8.
Wrong sunshine. You might have a check back and see what comment I replied to and the comment before mine. I simply commented on my family’s experience here in Fermoy. If you think that’s racist or something to get offended over then you might need to reflect for a bit on your views.

Fyi, there are more than two races.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
King K
Clancys, 15-16 Princes St.

3rd May 2024 @ 10pm
More info..

Brian Kenny: Tempus Futurum

Triskel Arts Centre, Today @ 6pm

More events ▼