FAO: Sunbed experts

We all know sunbeds and sun and fags and drugs and drink are dangerous lads.
But the fact is, even though people know these things, if they want to do it nothing will stop them .

Yes, but she CAN use it sensibly, which is NOT what your advice is. And the advice of someone making a buck out of it isn't going to be in HER best interests, it's going to be in the interest in bringing in the money.

So...... my choices are risk skin cancer or risk the going tangoed. Hmmm..... Well, at least tangoed won't kill me! Though I could die of embarrassment.... :lol:

Mattie, what kind of colour do you get with the fake bake? I'm totally clueless when it comes to the bottle stuff.

So...... my choices are risk skin cancer or risk the going tangoed. Hmmm..... Well, at least tangoed won't kill me! Though I could die of embarrassment.... :lol:

Mattie, what kind of colour do you get with the fake bake? I'm totally clueless when it comes to the bottle stuff.

A St Tropez or a Sun FX spray tan won't tango you, it uses your skin's natural pigments. I've got great colour from the Sun FX before.

It is very natural looking and it doesnt have any chemicals in it. When you put it on it looks like mud. Not attractive but at least you can see where you are putting it. You leave it on overnight ( it will stain clothes and bedsheets but it will wash off) and shower the next morning to wash it off.

I wouldnt use anything else to be honest.

Yes, but she CAN use it sensibly, which is NOT what your advice is. And the advice of someone making a buck out of it isn't going to be in HER best interests, it's going to be in the interest in bringing in the money.

Although the World Health Organisation would disagree with your "sensibly" judgement.

"Any excessive exposure to UV, not just from sunbeds, can result in structural damage to human skin. In the short term this damage can be due to burning, fragility and scarring and in the longer-term as photoageing. Photoageing, caused by the breakdown of collagen in the skin by UV, manifests itself as wrinkling and loss of elasticity."

Take the spray Angie. Sure it's probably cheaper and less hassle than the sunbed anyway.

A St Tropez or a Sun FX spray tan won't tango you, it uses your skin's natural pigments. I've got great colour from the Sun FX before.

It is very natural looking and it doesnt have any chemicals in it. When you put it on it looks like mud. Not attractive but at least you can see where you are putting it. You leave it on overnight ( it will stain clothes and bedsheets but it will wash off) and shower the next morning to wash it off.

I wouldnt use anything else to be honest.

Ta muchly ladies! I'll do a bit of research into the above & see what might suit me best. Am I correct to assume all of the above can only be gotten from salons?

Ta muchly ladies! I'll do a bit of research into the above & see what might suit me best. Am I correct to assume all of the above can only be gotten from salons?

You can buy fake bake and apply it yourself. iv never done it though. You can def get it in BTs - im sure it is available in other places too.

Christ...stay well away from the fuckin sunbeds anyway...a friend of mine from college years ago was/is addicted to them....she is very dark skinned now...BUT she also has the skin of a haggard looking 45 year old, even though she's only 32...looks terrible as she is an otherwise attractive girl

The ageing look of the skin is increased rapidly with these things...

Stay away from sunbeds and the bottled stuff ... what are you wearing that a tan will make it look better ... why didn't you get a dress that doesn't need a tan - besides I don't really get that to wear some dresses you need a tan ...

Although the World Health Organisation would disagree with your "sensibly" judgement.

"Any excessive exposure to UV, not just from sunbeds, can result in structural damage to human skin. In the short term this damage can be due to burning, fragility and scarring and in the longer-term as photoageing. Photoageing, caused by the breakdown of collagen in the skin by UV, manifests itself as wrinkling and loss of elasticity."

Take the spray Angie. Sure it's probably cheaper and less hassle than the sunbed anyway.

My point was that if indeed angie wanted to use it anyway, then using it for max 5 mins, 3 times a week, is far more sensible than DBOs recommendation. I have a sunbed, and I know how to use it sensibly, for medical reasons. See a tan on me? No. Because I only use it if I absolutely HAVE to.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Damien Dempsey
Live At The Marquee, Showgrounds, Ballintemple

8th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Stand-up Comedy Club: Best Of Irish Comedy

The Roundy, Tomorrow @ 8:30pm

More events ▼