Failing

How do you feel when you fail at something which is important? I undertook a challenge this year and failed big time. I tried to help a person who had a stroke regain some communicating skills. I knew she could not improve physically or mentally but I was hoping to be a miracle maker. I feel depressed and useless. Fuck medical science and drug companies.

I tend not to fail. I'm not saying that in a boastful way, but if I think that something simply can't be done, I'm not going to waste my time trying.

What made you think you could do what you set out to do? Did you fail completely and utterly? Zero progress? Or did you make some, but not as much progress as you expected?

If I do fail, I feel shit for pretty short time, then move on fairly quickly. In this case I have sympathy for you, because it affected more than just you. Moving on is probably easier said than done, and is not really applicable to the person you were trying to help.

How do you feel when you fail at something which is important? I undertook a challenge this year and failed big time. I tried to help a person who had a stroke regain some communicating skills. I knew she could not improve physically or mentally but I was hoping to be a miracle maker. I feel depressed and useless. Fuck medical science and drug companies.

You'll learn a lot more from failing than succeeding.
You will just have to write this off as a lesson.
Sorry it didn't work for you.

I tend not to fail. I'm not saying that in a boastful way, but if I think that something simply can't be done, I'm not going to waste my time trying.

What made you think you could do what you set out to do? Did you fail completely and utterly? Zero progress? Or did you make some, but not as much progress as you expected?

If I do fail, I feel shit for pretty short time, then move on fairly quickly. In this case I have sympathy for you, because it affected more than just you. Moving on is probably easier said than done, and is not really applicable to the person you were trying to help.

Zero progress. I couldn't look her parents in the eyes and refuse to help their daughter. She'll remain helpless and unable to communicate.

Failing?

Any of ye ever use WD-40? Ye know the spray oil.... WD-40?

Now the WD stands quite simply for Water Displacement but what about the 40?

When trying to invent a really good protecting oil the inventor failed. That was WD-1.

So he tried again. That was WD-2. Another failure. As was the next 37 attempts.

After failure number 39 he didn't give up either. He tried again. And on try 40 he succeeded.

So trying is never failure, its just finding ways that don't work and learning from it.

That's interesting about WD-40....

I suppose to extend that sentiment , a reminder of that saying ' courage doesn't always roar, sometimes courage is that little voice that sayes I will try again tomorrow '...

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Tombstome presents: Darsombra plus guest Magic Pockets
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

30th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Anatomy Of A Fall (15A)

Triskel Arts Centre, Tomorrow @ 5pm

More events ▼