Examiner website auto-playing video with sound up full

Coach and Six

Lads, my fucking heart. And my co-workers' nerves.

I'm quietly browsing an article on the examiner.ie just after lunch in the silent peace of a half empty office then all hell breaks loose. Music blaring, some cunt roaring at me to buy some shit I don't want. I'm scrambling to find where it's coming from because I can only see text on the Examiner page (it turns out the fucker has loaded below where I'm reading) so I start checking the other tabs like a spare fool.

By now the prick opposite me is giving me the are-you-serious? face and a few others have turned around to look. I control+W the shit out of it until the Examiner window dies and cuts it.

For fuck sake. Is it still 2006? I thought the days of auto-play ads with sound were well over. Is this because it's owned by the Dubs now? Are they deliberately trying to frighten the shit out of us.

I will never darken it's digital door again. Examiner.ie - officially not safe for work (NSFW).

The independent is now our only Cork paper with Cork legends Dennis O Brien and Dermot Desmond being the major shareholders.

No auto play on their vids either.

The examiner died a death a long time ago.

My folks used to get de paper and milk delivered twice a week for decades.

They put a stop to that now looking for a direct debit instead of cash.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Best Of Irish Comedy
The Roundy, Castle St.

3rd May 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..

Stand-up Comedy Club: Low-key Funny

The Roundy, Today @ 8:30pm

More events ▼