English Football Championship Thread

Boro flying
Ryan Giles assisted a Chubba Akpom hat trick.
Those two have really clicked.
Also the side is very settled now and up to tenth in the Championship, just two points off the top six.

They look like a completely different team under Carrick then under Wilder and they are in a good place now to make a push for a playoff place but I won't be cracking out the champagne just yet.

Boro flying
How about the Baggies Jimmy? Thriving under Corberan. Totally different proposition having been rock bottom at start of November. Now a point off play-offs. Only mention this because I was listening to Giles on radio last night before watching West Brom match and he was very downbeat about Leeds. Seem to be missing Phillips. Might be looking for a new manager soon enough?

Well can I request in advance to kindly keep your mitts off Carlos given his Leeds connections? Tough enough being a Baggies fan without losing potentially the best manager the Albion have had in my time as a supporter since Giles himself. And that’s going back a ways. Baggies are in a mess though. Not deluding myself. Being completely asset stripped by owner who took huge loan out of club which he says he’ll pay back tomorrow. Can’t wait. Not to mention selling Pereira for buttons and pocketing proceeds and doing nothing to sign up top lads from the academy who are subsequently being snapped up by other clubs. I also worry that we’ll run out of steam like Leeds did for a couple of seasons with the energy needed all season long for the Bielsa pressing game but what would it be being a West Brom fan without having to worry.

How about the Baggies Jimmy? Thriving under Corberan. Totally different proposition having been rock bottom at start of November. Now a point off play-offs. Only mention this because I was listening to Giles on radio last night before watching West Brom match and he was very downbeat about Leeds. Seem to be missing Phillips. Might be looking for a new manager soon enough?

Well can I request in advance to kindly keep your mitts off Carlos given his Leeds connections? Tough enough being a Baggies fan without losing potentially the best manager the Albion have had in my time as a supporter since Giles himself. And that’s going back a ways. Baggies are in a mess though. Not deluding myself. Being completely asset stripped by owner who took huge loan out of club which he says he’ll pay back tomorrow. Can’t wait. Not to mention selling Pereira for buttons and pocketing proceeds and doing nothing to sign up top lads from the academy who are subsequently being snapped up by other clubs. I also worry that we’ll run out of steam like Leeds did for a couple of seasons with the energy needed all season long for the Bielsa pressing game but what would it be being a West Brom fan without having to worry.
Crikey just looked at the table, ye have recovered very well, Corberan very highly regarded by leeds fans,

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Peppa Pig's Fun Day Out
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

9th May 2024 @ 10:00 am
More info..

Mashed Potatoes

Old Oak, Tomorrow @ 10pm

More events ▼