English Football Championship Thread

PatMan

English Championship

Will be an "interesting" league next year with Leeds, Swansea, Hull, Millwall, Portsmouth, and Cardiff fans kicking seven shades of shite out of each other...

10msoi8.jpg

25hml2a.jpg

vncdoy.jpg

Some tasty opening games.

Cardiff V Huddersfield live on Friday night.
Leeds V Wolves live on Saturday.

Let the battle commence.

Last edited:
It's very hard to call the league this year.You would expect the relegated sides Bolton-Wolves and Blackburn to be the main challengers as their squads are far superior to the rest.Bolton have been poor pre-season if that means anything.Wolves with their new manager might take a bit to adjust to a new system and no one knows what will happen with Blackburn due to the Kean-fans rift.The best thing that could happen for them is if they have a bad start to remove Kean and bring in a better manager.

Then you have the other clubs that will challenge which includes Leicester-Cardiff-Blackpool and Boro.Holloway is cute and they finished last season very well so expect at least a play-off from them.Boro in their 2nd season with the legend Tony Mowbray will be a threat to as will Leicester who seem to have plenty cash.Cardiff still are very strong and Mackay will have them challenging no doubt.

The few outside those above that might surprise and challenge for promotion(more likely a play-off)will probably be Leeds Utd(Warnock being cute again in the market)but with trouble in the background there i'm not sure how they will go.Warnock knows this league inside out.Then you will have my club Ipswich who might push for a play-off if they can get 2/3 more heads in before the end of the month.

My surprise team for this season is going to be Derby County.

I don't wanna jinx it but Leeds are looking good this year, good manager and finally some ambition in the transfer market. Championship is always hard to get out of though and I expect the likes of Blackburn, Bolton, Wolves, Blackpool, Cardiff, Birmingham and Forest to challenge and maybe even someone like Huddersfield or Sheffield Wednesday to surprise a few. As for relegation I'd say Millwall, Barnsley, Peterborough and Derby will be struggling to survive..

I'm gonna say...

1. Bolton
2. Leeds
3. Wolves
4. Birmingham
5. Blackburn
6. Blackpool

22. Peterborough
23. Barnsley
24. Millwall

blackburn should walk it based on the squad, but i said that about west ham last year and they needed the playoffs.

there's no way leeds will finish second, warnock is too erratic. i'm going to go with middlesborough to win it, i still think mowbray is a decent manager.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
John Smith
The White Horse, Ballincollig

12th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Brian Kenny: Tempus Futurum

Triskel Arts Centre, Today @ 6pm

More events ▼