English Football Championship Thread

Ex-player John McGreal have been made Interim manager. The search starts for a new man. Ipswich owners are fairly well off but hard to get good managers to drop to a mid-table League One side. Someone like Paul Warne at Rotherham United would be a very good appointment for now.
Who do you fancy in League One, Ponti? Six points seperate the top nine. My Sunderland-loving mates are getting twitchy again. McGeady out injured for a while.

I'd like to see Wednesday go up, but reckon the current top two will fill the two automatic spots.

Who do you fancy in League One, Ponti? Six points seperate the top nine. My Sunderland-loving mates are getting twitchy again. McGeady out injured for a while.

I'd like to see Wednesday go up, but reckon the current top two will fill the two automatic spots.
I think Rotherham will definetly go up and probably go on to win the league comfortably.

I’m not sure about Sunderland. I think they will probably have to settle for a play off spot. A lot of their fans want their manager Lee Johnson sacked. A very fickle fanbase. They have been poor in the last month though.

MK Dons are a very good side and if they can keep hold of their manager and players an automatic place is well within reach for them.

Wycombe are a very resillient tough side. They too will be there at the end. My prediction would be..

1. Rotherham
2. Wycombe or MK Dons

I think Rotherham will definetly go up and probably go on to win the league comfortably.

I’m not sure about Sunderland. I think they will probably have to settle for a play off spot. A lot of their fans want their manager Lee Johnson sacked. A very fickle fanbase. They have been poor in the last month though.

MK Dons are a very good side and if they can keep hold of their manager and players an automatic place is well within reach for them.

Wycombe are a very resillient tough side. They too will be there at the end. My prediction would be..

1. Rotherham
2. Wycombe or MK Dons
I'd agree on Rotherham. A Championship team playing in League 1.

Sunderland have got some decent loan players in (Doyle, Cirkin), Embleton looks a prospect but as a club, they don't tend to handle expectation very well.

Wigan have goal in them, Keane, Wyke and McClean.

But yeah, it's fairly open. You couldn't begrudge Wycombe if they went up. It would be poetic if they passed Derby on the way.

Goalless draw for the Smoggies away to Stoke.
Dull enough fare but a draw was a fair result.
Wilder has already stated he plans to do a lot of business in January so big changes afoot.

Kieran McKenna is the new manager of Ipswich. He was part of Manchester United’s coaching staff. He’s 35 and hails from County Fermanagh. Hopefully a good appointment.

The wheels have come off a bit for Bournemouth. Started well and probably deserved something from a good first half but once Boro scored a dodgy enough penalty in the second half it was all Boro.
Next up is Forest who also won today. The race for the playoffs is beginning to heat up.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Earlier Show
The Roundy, Castle St.

20th Jul 2024 @ 6:30 pm
More info..

Brian Kenny: Tempus Futurum

Triskel Arts Centre, Tomorrow @ 6pm

More events ▼