Elon Musk buys Twitter

I suppose for the sake of balance, it's worth pointing out that Tesla shares are now 45% up so far this month, they beat market expectations this week.

They're still half what they were when Musk took over Twitter but still, recovering pretty strongly.

On Tuesday, Musk gathered a group of engineers and advisors into a room at Twitter’s headquarters looking for answers. Why are his engagement numbers tanking?

“This is ridiculous,” he said, according to multiple sources with direct knowledge of the meeting. “I have more than 100 million followers, and I’m only getting tens of thousands of impressions.”

One of the company’s two remaining principal engineers offered a possible explanation for Musk’s declining reach: just under a year after the Tesla CEO made his surprise offer to buy Twitter for $44 billion, public interest in his antics is waning.

Employees showed Musk internal data regarding engagement with his account, along with a Google Trends chart. Last April, they told him, Musk was at “peak” popularity in search rankings, indicated by a score of “100.” Today, he’s at a score of nine. Engineers had previously investigated whether Musk’s reach had somehow been artificially restricted, but found no evidence that the algorithm was biased against him.

Musk did not take the news well.

“You’re fired, you’re fired,” Musk told the engineer. (Platformer is withholding the engineer’s name in light of the harassment Musk has directed at former Twitter employees.)

Last edited:
Their introduction of paid API access is an absolute car crash.
Last week: No free access to Twitter APIs from 9th Feb
Today: Eh, there will be a free tier. Dunno what that looks like yet. Oh and we're shutting the free one off for realsies on Monday. $100 per month. Terms for that? We'll tell you later. Also, Premium API is dead, you'll need to apply for enterprise.

Jokeshop stuff. Changing deprecating APIs is not something that you should do with a week's notice for your customers. Makes Google look good...

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Cast
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

8th Nov 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Le Boom

Cyprus Avenue, Tomorrow @ 7pm

More events ▼