Dublin... Is a fucking shithole

A single mum was dragged from her home and jailed for not paying her TV licence in what has been branded “a major scandal”.

Two gardai took the woman from the house in Donegal in front of her young son after she had failed to pay the €450 fine.

The mother, who had paid off €212 of the balance, was then taken with the officers by taxi to the Dochas Centre at Dublin’s Mountjoy prison – more than 200km away, at a cost of €300.

She said: “I couldn’t believe it when gardai called to my home and told me I was “for up the road”. I was terrified and that distraught that I didn’t even have time to put my coat on.

“I had never been given any warning letter. I was doing my best and I had almost half the fine paid.

"My 11-year-old son was crying his eyes out to see his mother being taken away in a Garda car. Luckily my daughter is older and could look after him.”

The woman said the jail staff were more than nice but the ordeal left her terrified, adding: “I had never been in a prison in my life before. Some of the women were trying to calm me down.”

She was fined for not having a license and was dragged off to jail for the non payment of a fine for not having a TV license. Had she a TV license she would not have been sent to prison.
Now in your opinion which is the greater crime to society, someone having multiple types of drugs in quantity, as well as wads of cash and drug paraphernalia, or a single mum who didn't get a TV license. Take yer time.
Exactly. She wasn't jailed for not having a TV licence. Great to see you finally got there.

I never said that people should be jailed for not getting a TV licence. That isn't a question that requires any time.

Again, all of those people were jailed for non compliance with a court order, not for failure to pay their TV licence.

Again, which is the bigger risk to society, the non-payment of a fine for not having a TV license, or someone who has been found in possession of copious amounts of various drugs, a lot of cash, number of mobile phones, and drug measuring paraphernalia?

I'd suggest you take your time, but you've been running from answering this for quite a while now.

You can be jailed for refusing to pay any fine
But not it seems if you get caught red handed with a shed load of drugs, mobile phones, cash, and drug measuring equipment.

You're either extremely thick or your deliberately not getting the point, or possibly both :cool:

Again, which is the bigger risk to society, the non-payment of a fine for not having a TV license, or someone who has been found in possession of copious amounts of various drugs, a lot of cash, number of mobile phones, and drug measuring paraphernalia?
How would SF/IRA deal with someone who appeared in front of one of your Kangaroo Courts for "someone who has been found in possession of copious amounts of various drugs, a lot of cash, number of mobile phones, and drug measuring paraphernalia"?

Volunteer Sound_y?

How would SF/IRA deal with someone who appeared in front of one of your Kangaroo Courts for "someone who has been found in possession of copious amounts of various drugs, a lot of cash, number of mobile phones, and drug measuring paraphernalia"?

Volunteer Sound_y?

The deflectors are on full power cap'n. She'll no' take any more!

Scotty? :ROFLMAO:

I'm sure she'll appreciate your efforts though ;)

The deflectors are on full power cap'n. She'll no' take any more!

You clearly have many ongoing serious issues with the application of due process in our Courts.

Volunteer Sound_y?

The DAA are patting themselves on the back today for having a somewhat functioning airport.

The real test will be what is it like next weekend once the bank holiday has passed and the eyes of the World have moved on to something else.

I reckon they're barely holding it together this weekend thanks to having the likes of the extra Cork staff up there, and it'll fall to shit again next week.

The DAA are patting themselves on the back today for having a somewhat functioning airport.

The real test will be what is it like next weekend once the bank holiday has passed and the eyes of the World have moved on to something else.

I reckon they're barely holding it together this weekend thanks to having the likes of the extra Cork staff up there, and it'll fall to shit again next week.
Their penny pinching has bitten them in the ass, THe overtime they have to dish out now will outweigh what they
expected to save,

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Sprints
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

25th Apr 2024 @ 7:30 pm
More info..

Stand-up Comedy Club: Low-key Funny

The Roundy, Today @ 8:30pm

More events ▼