Douglas Comm has become a Church

I don't know if it is Rented or Loaned free, and I don't know which would be worse. May I ask what is a 'community' church group as opposed to simply a Church, a Religion, or a Cult?
Would you be happy to rent to say The Jehovah Witnesses? Scientologists? Jews? The Muslim Brotherhood?
The issues is that State institutions of a Republic have to be Non Secular. If they are not, they are Religious. This has been and to a large extent still is the case here.
" Douglas Community School was founded by the Presentation Brothers almost forty years ago as Coláiste Muire (Presentation Brothers College). Today the school continues to follow the tradition of providing Christian education for boys, pioneered by Blessed Edmund Ignatius Rice."
So here we have a Single Gender Religious institution funded by our Republic, being loaned or rented to a Cult.
As opposed to something actually benefitting the Community, like say, a Youth Club.
X

I doubt they rent the entire school for the weekend. why don't you get up off your ass and rent a different part of the school to set up a youth club.

The Objectionables.

Seeing as you are not a member of the Douglas community association, that would be none of your business.
I am.
I doubt they rent the entire school for the weekend. why don't you get up off your ass and rent a different part of the school to set up a youth club.
Bit low on facts there, but I am glad you seem to concur that a Youth Club would be a good idea. If you have the courage of your convictions, you do it.
X

Communities

Douglas Community Association
has no connection with Douglas Community School. Nor for that matter the European Economic Community. Different groups of words have different meanings, you frikin Moran.
flyingspud, I doubt if anyone, including yourself, knows what you are trying to say. Like Choice you have no idea what I do or what you are whingeing about.
I recommend you both go forth and multiply yourselves, in fewer words.
X

Last edited:
What makes people think that a Baptist church is a cult?

They seem to be new ones popping up very regularly. On my last visit to Cork before COVID I went with a friend to one in Bishopstown and enjoyed it.

It's no more a cult than any other religion

Well it was enlightening that unlike Catholicism I found it was not slanted, it just follows the Bible as it was written all those years ago.

Also there not really a hierarchy of bishops and popes etc but more of a community church that takes decisions collectively.

I think many would learn a lot from it.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
John Smith
The White Horse, Ballincollig

12th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Jan McCullough: Night Class

Crawford Art Gallery, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼