Derry City

Anyone see the BBC programme on the BBC last light about Derry City joining the league of Ireland good show but by god the fashion of the eighties were dire. Cork City good a few mentions and even Kent station was shown.

Anyone see the BBC programme on the BBC last light about Derry City joining the league of Ireland good show but by god the fashion of the eighties were dire. Cork City good a few mentions and even Kent station was shown.

Yeah. Thought it was a good show. Some great days following Cork City then and big crowds. But for the thickness of a post we'd have won the cup that year.

Those were the days of football in the community really exemplified by Derry City.

The story about Martin McGuinness prior to the Benfica game was good, but I loved yer man in the cemetary going on about "the stand" until they planted trees in the view. "Bast*rds" :lol:

The trees story was funny serious travelling support for the cup semi final down in the lodge was at that game didn't go to the cup final when derry beat us ,must have been a gaa game on the same day

The trees story was funny serious travelling support for the cup semi final down in the lodge was at that game didn't go to the cup final when derry beat us ,must have been a gaa game on the same day

Possibly. But the crew I was with in the school end of Dailymount that day we were all "city end" GAA too.

Rumour at the time was the CCFC directors werent too happy with
Ian Hennessy getting the winner and depriving them of a replay in Derry,

I was a regular at the Brandywell til a few years back. Not really my club so obviously didn't have the same grá as the locals. I'm friendly with a few ex-players so I'm not completely neutral.

People talk about a Dublin bias with officials and I have to say, I believe them. I had a season ticket one year and saw some absolute bowlers against them.

I haven't watched the show yet but did they mention dual contracts and liquidation?

A lot of good people in any around the various Derry City incarnations.

I was a regular at the Brandywell til a few years back. Not really my club so obviously didn't have the same grá as the locals. I'm friendly with a few ex-players so I'm not completely neutral.

People talk about a Dublin bias with officials and I have to say, I believe them. I had a season ticket one year and saw some absolute bowlers against them.

I haven't watched the show yet but did they mention dual contracts and liquidation?

A lot of good people in any around the various Derry City incarnations.
The show was purely dedicated to the early years in LoI. It didn't even step into the 90s.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Io Capitano (15A)
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

29th Apr 2024 @ 8:05 pm
More info..

The Off Beats

Dwyers Of Cork, Today @ 10pm

More events ▼