Depeche Mode Fans?

Probably my favourite band ever. Any other fans here?
There is a lot of ignorance in relation to them, far too often they are written off as an 80s hasbeen or a bunch of homos (mostly by smelly metallers). Its a shame so many people dont realise what a vibrant and successful band they still are and will continue to be. I can think of very few other new wave era bands that can still fill venues like Madison Square Garden over two nights and the Cure isnt one of them.

Last edited:
Well that makes two of us at least on here!

Yeah that was an amazing gig, my 27th birthday that night as it happened! Although i thought the Point show in 2006 was even better (and i also prefered the venue as the Point!).

Depeche Mode for the Marquee 2013!!

Probably my favourite band ever. Any other fans here?
There is a lot of ignorance in relation to them, far too often they are written off as an 80s hasbeen or a bunch of homos (mostly by smelly metallers). Its a shame so many people dont realise what a vibrant and successful band they still are and will continue to be. I can think of very few other new wave era bands that can still fill venues like Madison Square Garden over two nights and the Cure isnt one of them.

Here ya go...

http://www.peoplesrepublicofcork.com/forums/showthread.php?t=144872

There's a tribute Mode band playing Cypress Av on the 23rd btw I think. Going to head there for a bit of a larf......

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Tombstome presents: Darsombra plus guest Magic Pockets
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

30th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Colm Murphy

St. Peters Cork, Today @ 10am

More events ▼