Deirdre Morley v Alan Hawe..

Oh you DID see my post then. You seem to have missed the one posted immediately above it. Here it is again for your convenience.

Had she gone down for murdering her 3 children would she be "eligible to apply for temporary release" after just 18 months 😲 , bearing in mind that you said "Harder to get out of the central mental than any prison tbh."? :unsure:
I did see it, I just couldn't be bothered to reply.

It is harder to get out of the CMH than prison because there isn't a defined term of incarceration and typically patients remain in the CMH longer after being referred there by the courts than prisoners spend in prison on a similar conviction.

I don't care whether you believe me or not. You are doing your usual "oh I'll show that Matlock that she is wrong" schtick, but it never works because you don't know what you are talking about.

Last edited:

Antrim woman jailed for 20 years for murder of two-year-old son​

Updated / Tuesday, 13 Dec 2022 15:50

The 42-year-old woman, who cannot be named for legal reasons, was sentenced at Belfast Crown Court

The 42-year-old woman, who cannot be named for legal reasons, was sentenced at Belfast Crown Court
By Vincent Kearney
Northern Editor

A 42-year-old Co Antrim woman has been told she will spend at least 20 years in prison for murdering one of her young sons and attempting to murder another.
The boy was two years and eight months old when he sustained fatal stab wounds in the family home on the outskirts of Larne on 2 March 2020.
The woman, who cannot be named due to a reporting restriction, was also charged with attempting to murder her 11-month-old son on the same date.
While she had acknowledged stabbing both her young sons, the woman initially denied the charges of murder and attempted murder on the grounds of diminished responsibility due to her mental state at the time.

A similar case but a very different outcome, this murderer will serve 20 years at least.

By Vincent Kearney
Northern Editor

A 42-year-old Co Antrim woman has been told she will spend at least 20 years in prison for murdering one of her young sons and attempting to murder another.
The boy was two years and eight months old when he sustained fatal stab wounds in the family home on the outskirts of Larne on 2 March 2020.
The woman, who cannot be named due to a reporting restriction, was also charged with attempting to murder her 11-month-old son on the same date.
While she had acknowledged stabbing both her young sons, the woman initially denied the charges of murder and attempted murder on the grounds of diminished responsibility due to her mental state at the time.

A similar case but a very different outcome, this murderer will serve 20 years at least.
Similar in some ways, but not in others. She indicated clear intent and mens rea. I think it is a useful comparison to the Morley case tbh.

Wasn't there a Greek myth about a mother who kills her children to punish their father? I was trying to think if it when watching the news earlier.

Similar in some ways, but not in others. She indicated clear intent and mens rea. I think it is a useful comparison to the Morley case tbh.

Wasn't there a Greek myth about a mother who kills her children to punish their father? I was trying to think if it when watching the news earlier.
Yeah, Medea is the play you're thinking of..

By Vincent Kearney
Northern Editor

If she did it wrapped in the Trickcolour she would not serve any time

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Peppa Pig's Fun Day Out
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

9th May 2024 @ 1:00 pm
More info..

Kevin Quigley

The Welcome Inn, Tomorrow @ 8pm

More events ▼