Deirdre Morley v Alan Hawe..

I see people on social media arguing that this woman is no different to Alan Hawe who killed his entire family. Deirdre Morley is getting some sympathy as she was clearly mentally ill.

Both were terrible sad cases and I think today’s verdict was the correct one.

Was there much difference in both cases though?

The comparison crossed my mind today but I'd imagine social media is full of people sending love and pity to the woman whereas hawe was seen as a monster, I'd imagine if you asked what the difference was on fbook or Twitter you would be savaged,

The comparison crossed my mind today but I'd imagine social media is full of people sending love and pity to the woman whereas hawe was seen as a monster, I'd imagine if you asked what the difference was on fbook or Twitter you would be savaged,

You’d get savaged.

I think a lot of people are comparing both cases. Deirdre Morley is getting a bit of sympathy from some, but not a massive amount either. Alan Hawe got no sympathy.

I see people on social media arguing that this woman is no different to Alan Hawe who killed his entire family. Deirdre Morley is getting some sympathy as she was clearly mentally ill.

Both were terrible sad cases and I think today’s verdict was the correct one.

Was there much difference in both cases though?

I think they were different while the ultimate outcome was the same unfortunately.

Deirdre Morley seemed to suffer from some sort of inferiority complex and thus there were no instances of abuse up to the final day. In fairness to her she did seek help unfortunately it wasn't enough

Hawe, however seemed to be a narcissist and thus his feeling of superiority transcended itself into abuse, well emotional anyways. Narcissism is obviously a mental illness but as the people who have it generally behave as assholes they don't tend to get much sympathy, also they are never likely to seek or accept help simply because they believe they don't need it.

That to me is the main difference, Morley could see she needed help and did try to obtain it, whereas Hawe didn't/couldn't see that he was fucked up.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Old Moderns
Clancys, 15-16 Princes St.

5th May 2024 @ 10:00 pm
More info..

Brian Kenny: Tempus Futurum

Triskel Arts Centre, Today @ 6pm

More events ▼