De Tunnel

100%. I'd love to find out who the morons were who were involved in the civil engineering planning and execution processes in Cork. They have being consistently making a complete and utter balls of everything here since the 80s. Absolutely no forward thinking at all. At this stage I'm fully convinced they did it on purpose so they could get a 45 or 50 year gig fixing up the hames they made 20 years previously.

It's very simple actually. This is how you build an interchange:
View attachment 16975

It's easier and cheaper to half-arse it though. It's what we're good at.
You have put up a picture of what appears to be a very well designed interchange.

Just wondering, while that was being constructed, was it replacing an existing interchange/ roundabout?

Did that involve civil construction having to work in close proximity to live and heavy traffic flows?

100%. I'd love to find out who the morons were who were involved in the civil engineering planning and execution processes in Cork. They have being consistently making a complete and utter balls of everything here since the 80s. Absolutely no forward thinking at all. At this stage I'm fully convinced they did it on purpose so they could get a 45 or 50 year gig fixing up the hames they made 20 years previously.
This project won't be completed until next year, can we perhaps hold off on judgement of same until then ?

I agree with your points though, obviously a bit of foresight back then would save us all of this now.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Peppa Pig's Fun Day Out
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

8th May 2024 @ 1:00 pm
More info..

Le Boom

Cyprus Avenue, Tomorrow @ 7pm

More events ▼