De Irish Times 'all men are bastards' thread

Quite the angry rant from the Irish Times.

They don't seem to like the idea of free speech for the average Joe.

Sounds like Catfish Mulally
Is it really free speech though?

Previously Jack Dorsey had to answer to the board, who had to answer to the shareholders, who had to answer to the SCC.

Now, Elon Musk owns it 100% so he has to answer to pretty much no one.

That isn't free speech so much as "free speech to those that Elon Musk decides can have it".

I don't think this is a victory for the average Joe at all.

Previously Jack Dorsey had to answer to the board, who had to answer to the shareholders, who had to answer to the SCC.

That isn't free speech so much as "free speech to those that Elon Musk decides can have it".

That isn't much different to what Dorsey and his minions were doing.

Maybe so. I don't generally like twitter as a platform so I don't engage with it much.

Do you see it improving under Musk's control?
It depends on what side of the fence you fall on, I generally read a lot of political commentary there, some I agree with, some I don't. But I like to read it regardless and people shouldn't be silenced because of the political divide they fall on. Twitter did this in the last American election and was quite blatant about.
Trump deserved to be banned for incitement around the Capitol riots but equally so does the dude from Iran who's name escapes me, what he did was as bad if not worse and nothing happened. Twitter banned people for what they say on other platforms, podcasts etc, that goes beyond their remit if you ask me.
By the way I would be of the same opinion on this site, I see morons hearing calling for the likes of Rebels or lately King Silkbeard to banned because of the differing (if not mental opinions) Take them on and prove them wrong with facts or ignore them but running to Mammy to complain is pathetic.

If Musk get's rid of the bots and it was rumoured that you will need to prove identity before registering then these are two big improvements.

Last edited:

Yes.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
John Smith
The White Horse, Ballincollig

12th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Prophet Song: Cork World Book Fest

Triskel Arts Centre, Tomorrow @ 8pm

More events ▼