Dave Fitzgerald about to go .

That rumour has been doing the rounds for a few weeks now.

Examiner putting it beyond "rumour" stage.

"Davy Fitzgerald is set to step down as Clare manager in the next 48 hours, the Irish Examiner has revealed.

The 2013 All-Ireland winning manager had asked his players to meet and discuss the direction of the group, which they did last night."

Wow! that's a big blow to them I think. Clare had the makings of being there or there about in the next year or two. Much of intercounty management job these days seems to be in getting all the egos to pull together for long enough.

Wow! that's a big blow to them I think. Clare had the makings of being there or there about in the next year or two. Much of intercounty management job these days seems to be in getting all the egos to pull together for long enough.

No its not. A bigger blow would be Davy staying on and playing 14 defenders again. Clare have the talent but Davys methods wear thin quickly and he hasn't made progress with this group since their All Ireland win.

Plus, the man has to look after his health too. He is a Clare legend, he can leave with his head held high

Last edited:
No its not. A bigger blow would be Davy staying on and playing 14 defenders again. Clare have the talent but Davys methods wear thin quickly and he hasn't made progress with this group since their All Ireland win.

Plus, the man has to look after his health too. He is a Clare legend, he can leave with his head held high

^^This.

I'm delighted with the news if its true, need a fresh approach

+1

AI titles as player and bainisteoir for Clare.
Left them with a league title as well but against that, they never pushed on in c'ship after 2013.
Think he was given a fair crack of the whip with three extra years after AI title.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Jackie Fabulous (Americas Got Talent) Plus Guests
City Limits, Coburg St.

5th Oct 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Mashed Potatoes

Old Oak, Tomorrow @ 10pm

More events ▼