Cyclists

s-l400.jpg

Did you know you can get little transponders for sports events now?

The government should make it mandatory for all bicycles to be fitted with a transponder, which can track their movements like a black box in the event they break the rules of the road, and need to be sent for reeducation.

https://www.mylaps.com/es/products-services/transponders/

They already use these for cycle racing, so the technology is established and in regular use.

https://www.mylaps.com/active-sports/cycling/

This is the same high end tech used by real cyclists, in high quality lycra. These lads actually get money from the companies on their shirts, so cyclists should have no problem with this idea. They can use apps to pretend they are in Tour De France, so this is a good deal for everybody.

This is an upgrade to any serious cyclist's kit.

Last edited:
Ah here, don't you know that *ank and his crowd never ride through red lights, or the wrong way down one-way streets, or on the footpath, and they definitely never abuse other road users? ;)
Absolutely not. He is 100% within the remit of the road traffic act at all times, and has never broken a law.

This is why a transponder in the bicycle is the simple solution for everybody. Completely non invasive, and already used in cycle racing so its the future of road safety for spacers who like toddling around in the rain and clouds of pollution.

Say for example, Johnny Crotchcam roars abuse at some lady for beeping, or not being able to see her blind spots, she can call the Gardai and they can check the cyclist transponders in the area, and give him a warning.
At the same time, Johnny Crotchcam can provide fancy transponder evidence, along with the crotch video to the court in his monthly appearance as witness & Twitter crank on a bicycle spokesman.

Repeat offenders can be sent to Mullingar for reeducation, and issued with stabilizers when they are allowed back on the road.

i was out friday evening cycling, my first real cycle in the dark for a good while, i was amazed at the amount of cyclists who had lights, its the pedestrians who in dark clothes were almost invisible...one thing about the lights for bikes now, they are incredibly bright( mine included) too bright really..i have mine at its dimest setting ( front light)and its still very bright.. a woman walking her dog shouted at me that i was blinding her as i passed her in anglesea street. she was actually in the cycle lane walking towards me.. lots of people walking in the cycle lanes but i was careful and shared a bit of banter trying to pass them. thats the way i love a city to be , fully of people , cycling slowly spotting the talent and enjoying the atmosphere.... no need for bitterness. we all share the city,we are going to just have to get along like.

a woman walking her dog shouted at me that i was blinding her as i passed her in anglesea street. she was actually in the cycle lane walking towards me.. lots of people walking in the cycle lanes but i was careful
Thank you for being considerate of the more vulnerable footpath users. (y)

it is important to remember
- the cycle lanes on the footpath there aren't demarcated in any meaningful way apart from a handful of bike logos painted on the ground for the whole length of the street. If the council was serious they could have put up bollards (or something) to make the change in uses more apparent
- the street lighting is awful on that stretch, so when it's dark someone walking there isn't going to see one of the handful of bike logos which are supposed to signify the bike lanes.
- it was a footpath for much longer than it was a cycle lane, and some people mightn't even be aware things changed. A little consideration like you showed makes a difference

Now I'll just wait for the inevitable asshole who'll tell me the pedestrians can get fucked, and they should look where they're going because fuck shared spaces.
"Get out of the fucking way"

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry sir. I didn't know you were an unmarked vehicle"

A wanker and a bootlicker. Mouthing off to traffic cops is always a great idea because they'll know the exact thing to do you for :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
The government should make it mandatory for all bicycles to be fitted with a transponder, which can track their movements like a black box in the event they break the rules of the road, and need to be sent for reeducation.

How about anyone who cycles has to have an ankle bracelet tracker permanently fixed to them for life? That'd be great use of tax payers money. Just think of the social media content it would Dr up.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Jackie Fabulous (Americas Got Talent) Plus Guests
City Limits, Coburg St.

5th Oct 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Stand-up Comedy Club: The Gong Show

The Roundy, Tomorrow @ 8:30pm

More events ▼