Cyclists

Unsurprising really given the way Cyclists think they're as entitled as anyone else to be on any part of the streets but more entitled than others 😔

Was talking to someone recently who said that he was in a European city where there was a central plaza where all the busses pulled up alongside, he said there were very few cars on the road, but the plaza itself was STRICTLY pedestrians only. No scooters, no skateboarders, and NO cyclists. And he said it's strictly enforced and allows all ages and levels of infirmity walk about the city centre safely without fear of being knocked over by some loonball
How many times have you been knocked down by a cyclist SoundY?
Dont write an essay now, the number is all we need

How many times have you been knocked down by a cyclist SoundY?
Dont write an essay now, the number is all we need

I'm over 6 foot tall and shall we say built more for comfort than for speed. I don't get knocked down by cyclists, but my niece was, and I heard only last night that my mother-in-law was hit by one recently. What's your point on this exactly Honky? In well over 40 years driving I never knocked anyone down. Are you saying that the rules of the road should be drafted purely on the experiences of certain individuals and that given I've never knocked anyone down in a car I shouldn't need car insurance or something?

Yip that's it, ya christy. Nothing to do with you complaining about it in the past on this very thread. You really are dumb as fuck😀

Very obvious that you just want to take a contrary view to me on things Earl. If I say up, you'll post down. You should try debate the points being made irrespective of who is making them, rather than have whoever made a particular post colour your attitude to a particular topic. Go on, try it. You might even enjoy the novelty of it.

The quays may as well be just pedestrianised now, cars + cyclists in near misses all the time.
An hour from Albert Road to the top of Shandon Street in the morning's and at tea time...
You'd walk it in quarter of the time.

Jokeshop...

Very obvious that you just want to take a contrary view to me on things Earl. If I say up, you'll post down. You should try debate the points being made irrespective of who is making them, rather than have whoever made a particular post colour your attitude to a particular topic. Go on, try it. You might even enjoy the novelty of it.
What point was being made? You claimed that cyclists don't post videos of other cyclists breaking the rules. What is there to debate, you were caught bullshitting again?

I'm over 6 foot tall and shall we say built more for comfort than for speed. I don't get knocked down by cyclists, but my niece was, and I heard only last night that my mother-in-law was hit by one recently. What's your point on this exactly Honky? In well over 40 years driving I never knocked anyone down. Are you saying that the rules of the road should be drafted purely on the experiences of certain individuals and that given I've never knocked anyone down in a car I shouldn't need car insurance or something?
Thanks, you have never been knocked down by a cyclist.. as I figured would be the case

The number is all I asked for, the rest is just fluff Ive heard a million times before

I am car mad, probably overly so, but I also have a number of bikes including a racing bike, gravel bike and mountain bikes and love going out for spins on the bikes.

Honestly I think the Bus Connects program, in its current form, will destroy the city. Tearing the local community environments apart and introducing gridlock on other routes.

A simpler solution would be to
introduce a congestion charge solution. Simpler and faster to mobilise and it truly targets the challenge. Hand back the existing roads to the lowest polluters.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Sprints
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

25th Apr 2024 @ 7:30 pm
More info..

Ceili By The Lee

Crane Lane Theatre, Tomorrow @ 7:30pm

More events ▼