Cyclists

In any of these I’ve seen he’s initially technically right but that’s only a part of the story.

Two issues from my perspective that undermine everything:
- He seems to knowingly put himself in danger, if you cycle with any regularity you’d know all about that pinch point on George’s Quay and wouldn’t dare risk it by not exercising additional caution there. There’s a pinch point further on as you cross over parliament bridge where the foot path kinks out where Maddens TV is, and there’s another one by Southern Star. You just have to be extra cautious in places like this where the road inflects back.
- He very quick cedes the high moral ground by picking fights with everyone. “Being right” and “winning the argument” seems to be more of a priority for him than safety. And perhaps as others mention, he seeks out these situations for Twitter attention.

I’m a huge fan of cycling but this carry on is doing no good.
Cycling is meant to be healthy & enjoyable, whether commuting or going for leisure spins. He seems to be up for an argument & to prove he's right all the time to the detriment of being in a nasty accident some time.He does appear to be putting himself out there especially in those known pinch points as you say. If he keeps doing that the odds are against him big time.
He's countering the health benefits of cycling by being angry & aggressive multiple times per day. That's not good for ya at all.

Corks own says cycling is his number one way of keep fit, he'd want to put his helmet on right do :D

The last bit of that story needs another mention lol

That's gas, it went private straight away once I shared the link.... He's definitely amongst us....!

Anway, I saw that he gets out 7 days a week averaging 180km. 113000km ish clocked up on strava. Loads of pics with altercations with all sorts, cops included on the south link.
If that’s 180km per day he’s a nutcase, if it’s 180km per week it seems Carrigaline isn’t further away than I thought despite our resident know-it-all 😎

With a high page count this thread is motoring along faster than Chicken John going into Douglas. I wonder if he’ll tweet the “hate” number out to his pals 🤣

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Sprints
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

25th Apr 2024 @ 7:30 pm
More info..

Where is my Mind? - Niall Breslin

Cork Opera House, Tomorrow @ 8pm

More events ▼