Cyclists

Whenever there's a serious incident in a public place the gardai ask for anyone with dashcam footage to bring it to the them to see if it will help with their enquiries.

Drucker is fake news.
“An Garda Síochána may request a copy of dash cam footage from controllers in relation to the investigation of a crime. The provision of personal data, including dash cam footage, to law enforcement authorities may be permitted under Section 41 of the Data Protection Act 2018. The relevant law enforcement authority should be in a position to demonstrate that the footage is necessary for the investigation or prosecution of a criminal offence and, a request for such footage should be obtained in writing.”

Poor Clockwork Orange-y

:lol!::lol!:

“An Garda Síochána may request a copy of dash cam footage from controllers in relation to the investigation of a crime. The provision of personal data, including dash cam footage, to law enforcement authorities may be permitted under Section 41 of the Data Protection Act 2018. The relevant law enforcement authority should be in a position to demonstrate that the footage is necessary for the investigation or prosecution of a criminal offence and, a request for such footage should be obtained in writing.”

Poor Clockwork Orange-y

:lol!::lol!:
Thats the biggest PWN in the Hane since Crinnion at the 3 wans

Roxy wont put her head above the parrot pit again

I was just talking about JG pelting in that stretch of road at 40Kph. The person in the car was a knob no doubt but FFS 40Kph on a bike is far too fast for that stretch of road imho.

Many cyclists can see and hear more than a motorist can, but one very frequently see cyclists with headphones on and or staring intently at their phone. S

This morning on my way into work, as a front seat passenger in a car before 8 I saw a female non-lycra cyclist cycle at speed down Southern Road (in the cycle lane initially) past a line of queued traffic, through a red light, into Infirmary Road and through another red light - she didn't even slow down, much less come to a stop.

And then many cyclists presume to lecture motorists about the need to adhere to the Rules of The Road - there obviously is a need to, but it's a need for everyone on the road, not just motorists.
40kph is nothing to a skilled cyclist. i've gone WAY faster myself. Yes, some cyclists wear headphones. I don't wear head phones while cycling myself but the pair i've got have got ambient passtrough to hear outside sounds, no difference to listening to a radio in the car IMO.

From the gardai :

"Any person who is alleged to have committed an offence is entitled to due process and also to their good name,” the Garda statement continued.

“Anyone who wishes to report an incident and has video of the occurrence should contact Traffic Watch or their local Garda station. All reports received by gardaí will be fully investigated.”

It added anyone who had video of an alleged incident would be asked to “upload the entire sequence and make it available to investigators” and to make a written statement.

An accused person would also be interviewed and a complainant might also be required to give evidence in court. However, it was for a court to decide on innocence or guilt and not social media users.

From the gardai :

"Any person who is alleged to have committed an offence is entitled to due process and also to their good name,” the Garda statement continued.

“Anyone who wishes to report an incident and has video of the occurrence should contact Traffic Watch or their local Garda station. All reports received by gardaí will be fully investigated.”

It added anyone who had video of an alleged incident would be asked to “upload the entire sequence and make it available to investigators” and to make a written statement.

An accused person would also be interviewed and a complainant might also be required to give evidence in court. However, it was for a court to decide on innocence or guilt and not social media users.
Great. People already have an avenue go report incidents to the Gardai. No need for further action then.

Very informative and helpful post. Well done Roxetten

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Best Of Irish Comedy
The Roundy, Castle St.

31st May 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..
More events ▼